Software Engineer, Tools and Infrastructure
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Software
At Kitty Hawk, we’re revolutionizing the future of air travel.
Our world-class engineering team is combining a century of aviation practices with technology breakthroughs to produce Cora, the world’s first self-piloting air taxi.
In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Today, we’re designing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft for everyday flight. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are currently seeking a Tools and Infrastructure Software Engineer to join our software and avionics group, which builds the core fly-by-wire-systems. You would help to build the world’s best, and most highly-automated software development environment. You would enable a small group of engineers to quickly develop high-quality, well-tested software, for a variety of fly-by-wire avionics platforms.
- Develop tools and identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of embedded software development and verification through automation
- Build custom integration between tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Polarion, etc. Includes plug-in development, Web development, configuration management, etc.
- Build out a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline used for avionics software development
- BS or MS in CS or EE or equivalent, with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Highly automated software development processes and modern tools (git, JIRA, continuous integration, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement processes
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- Build system development (Make, Scons, Bazel, etc)
- Supporting projects developed in C/C++
- Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Decision coverage and static analysis tools
- Certified safety-critical software (e.g. DO178B/C, or equivalent in non-aviation fields like automotive, medical devices, etc.)
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.