Senior Accounting Manager
Palo Alto, CA
Kitty Hawk – Business Operations
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are looking for a Senior Accounting Manager to join our growing Finance team! This position will report to the Director of Accounting.
- Responsible for preparing transactions in the areas of Fixed Assets, AP related accruals and Cash
- Prepare and analyze month end results in Balance Sheet and Income Statement fluctuation analysis
- Be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close, reporting and business processes more efficient and accurate
- Ensure financial activities are compliant with GAAP and company policy
- Improve efficiency and automation of reporting using NetSuite functionality
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting; Startup experience preferred
- Bachelor’s in Accounting
- Experience working in a manufacturing firm a plus
- Deeply skilled with GAAP, details, accuracy, numbers, record keeping, data entry, data processing
- Skilled in using various systems: NetSuite, Bill.com, Coupa, Google Sheets
- Great team player, communicator and listener.
- Passion for detail, accuracy and all things numbers
We are located in Palo Alto, with great access to nice outdoor spaces. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches and snacks, flight lessons, happy hours, and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.