Senior Software Engineer, Haskell/Codegen
Mountain View, CA
Special Projects – Special Projects
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
As a member of Kitty Hawk’s small special projects team, you will work on the flight control software code generation pipeline. For reliability and flexibility, we code generate a lot of C code from Haskell eDSLs using in-house code generation tools written in Haskell. We are looking for someone to own this pipeline, massively expand its features, and add to the existing verification tools.
- Own all of the aspects of our in-house code generation pipeline
- Add verification features to existing Haskell eDSLs and generated C code
- Add stronger typing to existing eDSLs
- Expand code generation to remove legacy hand-written C/C++ code
- BS or MS in CS or EE or equivalent, with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong experience with Haskell in a professional environment
- Good understanding of C or C++
- Experience with modern software development tools (git, JIRA, continuous integration, etc.)
- Experience using Haskell for code generation
- Experience with formal verification and/or familiarity using SMT solvers
- Experience with real-time control systems
- Strong understanding of C, C++, and Scala
- Certified safety-critical software (e.g. DO178B/C, or equivalent in non-aviation fields like automotive, medical devices, etc.)
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
We are located in Mountain View and Palo Alto, near Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches and snacks, flight lessons, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.