Facilities & Workplace Coordinator
Palo Alto, CA
Kitty Hawk – Business Operations
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are looking for a Facilities & Workplace Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic personality with a proactive mindset who will be responsible for ensuring our employees have a fantastic working experience! You will work alongside our Facilities Coordinator, EH&S (Environmental, Health & Safety) Manager and report to the Director of Facilities & Workplaces Services.
- Facilitate the on-boarding of new employees including coordination with hiring manager on seating, desk preparation, new hire orientation, badging, etc.
- Be the point of contact for facilities & workplace vendors
- Ad-hoc facilities-related troubleshooting (e.g., electrical, HVAC, plumbing, lighting, mechanical systems, etc.)
- Manage projects that relate to minor tenant improvement work
- Coordinate food programs, office supplies, office events and corporate swag
- Oversee procurement of corporate vehicles and equipment as necessary
- Actively communicate important news and announcements to employees
- Assist with space management, occupancy planning and oversee workstation moves
- Lead in the setup of onsite meetings/trainings, and collaborate with other departments such as HR, IT, Legal, and Finance
- Prior experience in corporate facilities services, administrative operations, property management, hospitality or related field
- Highly dependable with an intrinsic sense of accountability and ability to roll-up their sleeves and get things done
- Stellar communication skills, customer service-focused attitude and unwavering sense of professionalism
- Unparalleled attention to detail with exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Self-starter, quick to learn and able to multitask and be flexible in a fast-paced and environment
- Fantastic problem-solving skills, extremely resourceful and results-oriented
- Experience with Google docs, sheets and forms a plus
We are located in Palo Alto, with great access to nice outdoor spaces. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches and snacks, flight lessons, happy hours, and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.