Aircraft Technician/A&P - Cora
Cora – Flight Test
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are currently seeking motivated aircraft technicians (AMT) to join our flight test team. You will support aircraft integration, maintenance, operation, modifications, and repairs of futuristic aircraft. You will work with other technicians and engineers to install, remove or modify systems and perform inspections. You take initiative, creatively solve problems, and are good with the fine details. You love being challenged with unique issues, and want to be an integral part of the next great thing in aviation.
Within 3 months you will:
- Become familiar with the aircraft from nose to tail
- Learn about day to day operations in the flight test team and the environment
- Become a Crew Chief and assist in testing
Within 6 months you will:
- Travel to locations to assist in testing
- Have sign-off authority for an aircraft to be deemed flight-worthy
- Acquire more in-depth knowledge of aircraft subsystems
Within 12 months you will:
- Be well-versed in the aircraft and the individual systems
- Provide feedback on new products with helpful suggestions for changes
- Assist with training new technicians on the aircraft
- A&P license with 3 years or more experience
- R&D background
- A self starter that can fill his/her time with productive tasks to help the entire test team
- Willing to work a flexible schedule
- Great mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand and comprehend assigned tasks
- Ability to work with flight test and design engineers and understand technical drawings
- Flight line handling and comfort with radio communication
- Excellent mechanical systems troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with composites
- Wire harness routing/repair experience
- Knowledge of Google Docs and Sheets
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.