Mountain View, CA
Cora – Flight Test
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are looking for an experienced pilot to join our team to help design, operate and evaluate these aircraft. As a pilot in command, you will be responsible for learning about aircraft systems, developing operating procedures, and evaluating the operator-vehicle interface. You will have a critical role in the development of systems and procedures for safe and efficient autonomous flight.
Within 3 months you will:
- Study the vehicle’s systems and its interface with the Ground Control Station
- Learn about Kitty Hawk’s Standard Flight Operating Procedures
- Develop an understanding of the Rules and Regulations governing our operations
- Become familiar with how Kitty Hawk manages flight test risk
- Be assigned to a flight test team
- Operate the vehicle in a flight test environment
Within 6 months you will:
- Plan flight test events
- Brief the test team in preparation for flight testing
- Debrief the flight test and engineering teams on the outcome of flight test events
- Report on vehicle behavior and characteristics
Within 12 months you will:
- Design procedures for commercial vehicle operation
- Help to assess the suitability of the current design for its intended role as an air taxi
- Contribute to development of an operator training syllabus
- A Private Pilot Certificate (any category)
- A current Medical Certificate
- Remote/autonomous vehicle operation
- Operator-vehicle interface design
- Pilot/operator training
- Pilot/operator certification
- Commercial aircraft operation
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.