Process Assurance Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Systems Engineering
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
Process assurance works with both internal groups and external suppliers to ensure a high quality product. Process assurance engineers work alongside software and hardware engineers to make sure expectations are understood and processes are followed throughout the entire development process.
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know the team
- Learn from others about the existing software, CEH, and systems processes
- Get familiar with the system architecture and existing suppliers
- Develop Source Control Drawings (SCDs) for COTS components containing software and/or CEH (design assurance requirements, functional requirements, environmental specs, change notification requirements, etc.)
Within 6 months you will:
- Reach a high level of familiarity with the system architecture
- Perform internal software and CEH process assurance audits
- Perform onsite audits at COTS manufacturers
- Develop supplier audit acceptance criteria
- Ensure development process follows plans and generates required artifacts
- Evaluate field returns and supplier-internal problem reports.
- Develop verification plans for COTS components containing software and/or CEH
- Determine any additional internal testing required
- Work with systems test and flight test for test execution
Within 12 months you will:
- Continue to perform internal and supplier audits, and develop SCDs/verification plans for COTS components
- Improve and streamline existing processes
- Source and evaluate potential suppliers of COTS components with software and/or CEH
- B.S. in engineering with at least two years of experience in systems engineering, supplier management, or certification
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Previous experience managing suppliers
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.