Software Systems Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Software
At Kitty Hawk, we’re revolutionizing the future of air travel.
Our world-class engineering team is combining a century of aviation practices with technology breakthroughs to produce Cora, the world’s first self-piloting air taxi.
In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Today, we’re designing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft for everyday flight. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are looking for a Software Systems Engineer to join our Software and Avionics Group, which builds the core fly-by-wire systems for Cora. We are looking for someone that is passionate about aviation and future of transportation to help to define software requirements and processes used to develop flight critical software for our fleet of autonomous air taxis.
- Prepare and maintain software plans, standards, and supporting documentation per RTCA DO-178C
- Identify and incorporate process improvements
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to instantiate certified process including tools, procedures, best practices
- Own requirement specifications for avionics systems and sub-systems including authoring, review, and iterations
- Drive feature definition by evaluating required features and eliminating unnecessary capabilities
- B.S. in engineering with at least four years of experience in systems engineering and certification to ARP4754 and DO-178B/C
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Detail oriented
- Experience with an aircraft/aerospace development program from conceptual design through certification
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.