Senior Technical Recruiter
Palo Alto, CA /
Kitty Hawk – Business Operations /
Here at Kitty Hawk in Palo Alto, we are developing ground breaking all-electric Vertical Takeoff and Landing (VTOL) aircraft. Project Heaviside is Kitty Hawk’s latest high-performance electric VTOL vehicle. It is designed to be fast, small, and exceedingly quiet, taking advantage of new possibilities to free people from traffic.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter to join our small recruiting team. We’re recruiting for positions across the company so you’ll have the opportunity to work on roles in hardware, software, manufacturing, G&A, etc. as a full cycle recruiter. You will own relationships with both candidates and hiring managers, being a partner to both.
You are passionate about recruiting and creating the best possible candidate experience. You are flexible, adaptable, and reliable. You have worked in a high-tech environment recruiting engineers and other technical talent in a competitive market.
Within 1 month you will:
- Immerse yourself into Kitty Hawk’s culture, developing an understanding of the various teams, divisions, and projects
- Develop strong working relationships with hiring managers and interviewers
- Integrate into the recruiting process, learning our usual way of doing things, with plenty of opportunity to apply your own personal style
Within 3 months you will:
- Assist with developing sourcing reports and analytics
- Have placed your first passive candidate!
- Attended your first flight test and seen Heaviside fly
- Own the entire candidate experience to provide an outstanding experience to our candidates from initial contact to closing an offer
- Conduct intake meetings with hiring managers to understand needs, ensuring alignment between job descriptions, and target candidate profiles
- Persistent pursuit of passive candidates via personalized reach-outs
- Be an advocate for DEI both internally and externally
- Conduct initial phone screens with candidates to assess suitability for positions
- Partner with hiring managers to make offers and effectively hire highly sought after technical talent in a competitive market
- 4+ years of recruiting technical talent in a competitive hiring environment
- 2+ years of high-volume sourcing of technical candidates
- Proven experience building a diverse, technical talent pipeline and success closing candidates in a competitive environment
- Expert knowledge of LinkedIn Recruiter and Boolean search
- Passion for recruiting with innate ability to instill enthusiasm for our company into all communications with candidates
- Approach recruiting with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Ability to make timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Experience with Lever
- Experience hiring at a hardware development company
- Interest in aviation
We welcome you to apply even if you don’t match every requirement posted for this role. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you are passionate about working on the next evolution in aviation and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply. Diverse backgrounds and experiences promote innovation and our goal is to build a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
All of our team whose roles allow them to work remotely are doing so, and will continue to do so until we’re able to be back in the office. For teams that are not able to work remotely we’re making every accommodation possible to provide a safe working environment, and ensuring we meet all state and county guidelines.
Our headquarters is in Palo Alto and we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 40% company matching (no vesting period), flight lesson subsidy, education assistance, and company-sponsored social events. For those working onsite, Kitty Hawk also offers commuter assistance, and free drinks and snacks.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.