Manufacturing Operations Analyst
Mountain View, CA
Special Projects – Special Projects
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are looking for a business operations specialist to join a yet-to-be-announced project. In this role, you will ensure the right parts are available at the right time as we transition from prototype builds to volume manufacturing. The ideal candidate possesses the organizational skills to rapidly assess and manage the status quo, and move quickly to make improvements.
Within 3 months you will:
- Own inventory management for the team, including tracking all incoming parts and allocating parts to airframes
- Work with engineering to disposition old revisions as parts are updated
- Develop a production schedule ensuring all parts are available when needed
- Begin refining the existing inventory management system for ease of use
Within 6 months you will:
- Implement a material traceability system and a more robust inventory management system
- Compare costs and benefits of both in-house, scratch built and vendor supplied systems
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring systems are updated in real time
Within 12 months you will:
- Proactively look for opportunities to automate other processes and systems
- Negotiate with contract manufacturers on hardware price and delivery
- Work with manufacturing engineering to continue to build out the team
- Organizational ability to manage complex timelines involving dozens of components
- Experience with a successful implementation of an inventory management or production planning system
- Familiarity with ePDM or other PLM software
- Familiarity with engineering drawings, BOMs and other technical specifications
- Experience working with a wide range of vendors and contract manufacturers including internationally
- Ability to work in and adapt to a constantly changing, dynamic environment
- Experience in a vendor management or global supply role
- Flight related hobbies or pursuits, including as a pilot, hang glider, paraglider, windsurfer, RC aircraft builder, or other
- Experience working with NPI and/or R&D teams
We are located in Mountain View and Palo Alto, near Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches and snacks, flight lessons, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.