Mountain View, CA
Kitty Hawk – Business Operations
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are looking for an experienced General Accountant to join our Finance team. This is role will be key in the setup and development of our Accounting processes across the company. We need a highly experienced and motivated individual to work with key members across multiple divisions of the company.
Within 3 months you will:
- Develop relationships within the Finance team to understand the Accounting process and they integrate into the financial reporting and FP&A processes.
- Assist in account reconciliations and setup of processes and procedures within the Finance department.
- Assist the Finance department in month and year-end related closing activities.
Within 6 months you will:
- Manage the Fixed Asset register and accounting process.
- Assist with data collection and preparation of sales & use and property tax returns.
- Perform reconciliations of significant account balances.
Within 12 months you will:
- Support the 2020 budgeting process with reports, analyses and gathering supporting data.
- Contribute to other projects within the Finance group for overall success of the Accounting and FP&A functions.
- Perform bank and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries to in accordance with U.S. GAAP (i.e. prepaid and accrued liabilities).
- Manage Fixed Assets and leases.
- Assist in implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly review and year-end audit and tax schedules as required.
- Be an active and supporting team member of the Accounting department and collaborate across operating functions.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports for financial statements and budgets to be distributed throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong Accounting background with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical, organization and communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- Experience with Netsuite & Coupa.
- CPA is a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.