Operations Manager, Customer Operations
Mountain View, CA
Flyer – Operations
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
Kitty Hawk is looking for an experienced individual to join our Operations team. As Operations Manager, Customer Operations you will, in coordination with the Director of Operations, be responsible for developing, launching, and optimizing operational business strategies for our customer operations. These include developing and launching a seamless customer experience, developing a customer feedback framework for continuous product innovation, developing strategic relationships, standing up customer support infrastructure, defining a roadmap for continuous improvement in the customer experience, and more. You will balance continuous process improvements with establishing and delivering on core metrics to meet our business objectives.
In this role, you will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to influence the arc of commercialization of eVTOL vehicles. This role is based in Mountain View.
Within 3 months you will:
- Accelerate your learning of the current state of Kitty Hawk’s customer experience
- Support planning and execution of a public-facing site launch
- Develop Customer Experience product roadmap
Within 6 months you will:
- Adjust methodologies to support scaled operations across our Nth facility
- Provide SME analysis and recommendations to leadership on customer experience improvements
- Drive coordination of output from internal stakeholders and third-party contractors
Within 12 months you will:
- Represent Kitty Hawk: Attract more A-players, like yourself, and continue to improve our lineup
- Influence Operations: Define and advocate for your program’s growth/contraction needs
- Institute appropriate processes for documenting lessons learned and sharing of best practices
- At least five years of program management experience leading and/or managing complex multidisciplinary projects and systems
- A clear communicator and collaborator
- Strong organizational and program management skills
- Fluent in Program/Project management software (Asana, Confluence, Jira, etc…)
- Team player and creative thinker who can lead projects, cross-functional groups, and third parties in accordance with plans
- Consistent track record of shipping products/services
- B2C startup experience
- Experience with Design Thinking (or similar) methodology
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, charitable giving match, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.