Flight Operations Supervisor
Flyer – Operations
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
The Flight Operations Supervisor is responsible for both the logistics of aircraft at their location and the aircraft operations in flight. They are responsible for liaison with HQ Flyer Operations and supervising the aircraft operations that are done at their location. They are knowledgeable about Flyer Operations in general and able to support ground crew, service, site management with troubleshooting challenges. They train others to perform necessary Flyer Operations functions.
Within 3 months you will:
- Supervise the aircraft/flight operations at Lake Las Vegas (LLV) in support of crewed and uncrewed flight test operations and customer training flights
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the Flyer vehicle and operations through the implementation of new processes and procedures
Within 6 months you will:
- Assist in the hiring of aircraft/flight operations personnel
- Train aircraft/flight operations personnel
- Conduct acceptance testing for new aircraft/features to the LLV fleet
- Support the development of operations at multiple locations, which may include being temporarily assigned to a new location
Within 9 months you will:
- Support the local teams in aircraft/flight operations at one or more locations
- Continue to provide training for new operations
- Oversee daily aircraft operations at LLV site including vehicle allocation, safety checks, collaboration with other Flight Trainers, Site Managers, customers etc.
- Oversee the location specific aircraft check out including insuring all vehicles are in configurations suited to their purpose (crewed, uncrewed and test etc.)
- Be responsible for providing training, evaluation, for other aircraft operations personnel as needed, developing programs, manuals, checklists as needed
- Insure location specific ground crew training and oversee ground crew as needed on site.
- Provide feedback to LLV Site Manager regarding site needs
- Oversee aircraft logistics including insuring that necessary vehicles are shipped to and from sites and that appropriate expertise is available for bring up and operations.
- Communicate needs and requests for vehicle service
- Communicate bugs and issues to Operations/Engineering/Service as needed and assist in prioritizing with operations needs in mind
- Conduct acceptance tests of new aircraft to the operations fleet
- Prior experience in fleet management and/or flight operations role
- Prior experience in supervisory and/or training role, preferably in aviation or other regulated industry
- Safety minded
- Understanding of aircraft ground operations and handling
- Ability to synthesize complex and evolving parameters into checklists, scopes etc.
- Willing to travel regularly
- Calm under pressure, organized
- Passion for aviation
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have operations in Henderson, NV. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.