Material Handling Associate
Palo Alto, CA
Heaviside – Production & Manufacturing
Project Heaviside is Kitty Hawk’s latest high-performance electric VTOL vehicle. It is designed to be fast, small and exceedingly quiet, taking advantage of new possibilities to free people from traffic.
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are hiring extraordinary materials handling and management talent to join our supply chain and manufacturing operation. You will apply principles of lean manufacturing to manage materials to support production of vehicles in the most efficient way in aerospace manufacturing. You will assist with warehousing, material supply, inventory control, and ERP/MES material transactions.
- Receive, store and supply materials for production activities
- Utilize the ERP inventory system to properly account for issues, returns, receipts of new materials and associated back orders. Receive in ERP delivered supplies, materials, and equipment. Confirm that delivered goods match purchase order specifications and distribute materials to proper location
- Manage and control material inventory by executing the inventory cycle count program to ensure high inventory accuracy
- Work with buyer/planner and/or vendors on order discrepancies, damaged items, returns, and backorder items
- Organize and maintain warehouse and inventory areas for efficient material storage, handling and accuracy. Warehouse organization, labeling, packaging management
- Assist in the development and documentation of processes and procedures for material handling, material transactions and inventory control
- Assist with implementing and integrating an ERP/MES system
- Participate in review of KanBan settings as needed
- Work with quality department to execute incoming quality inspection material handling activities
- Work with Accounts Payable to resolve pricing and receipt discrepancies
- Collaborate with supply chain managers and engineers to continuously improve processes
- Create work instructions and material handling procedures.
- Ensure proper ERP/MES utilization
- High school diploma/GED
- At least three years of material handling and management experience
- Previous experience with ERP systems, particularly executing and tracing material transactions
- Working knowledge of inventory control and purchasing practices
- Ability to understand and follow up on buying/planning responsibilities such as requests for quote, order acknowledgement, open order status, delivery tracking and order expediting
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis
- Able and willing to be forklift certified
We are located in Palo Alto and Hollister, with great access to nice outdoor spaces as well as to airports at both locations. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches and snacks, flight lessons, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.