Assembly & Vehicle Integration Technician
Palo Alto, CA /
Heaviside – Manufacturing /
Here at Kittyhawk in Palo Alto, we are developing ground breaking all-electric Vertical Take off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft. They are designed to be fast, small, and exceedingly quiet, taking advantage of new possibilities to free people from traffic.
We are hiring extraordinary manufacturing talent to join our production and vehicle integration operation. You will apply principles of lean manufacturing to produce vehicles in the most efficient way in aerospace manufacturing. You will be collaborating with the team leads, production supervisors, and engineers to continuously improve processes and products, and ensure all production activities are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner respecting our quality standards.
- Stage, set-up, assemble, test, and install avionics and power electronics equipment on an innovative vehicle. Independently fabricate wire harness assemblies, electrical sub-assemblies (Low Voltage and High Voltage), and/or electro-mechanical assemblies
- Independently fabricate composite structures
- Perform bonding operations in a composite structure
- Use web-based system to reference work instructions and document assigned tasks
- Maintain high standards of workmanship, calling attention to any quality issues that are noted
- Use precision calibrated tools - torque wrenches, micrometers, and calipers
- Independently perform verifications and document results in a clear, precise, and complete manner
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment with branding, communications, production, and engineering teams for ongoing product development insights
- High school diploma/GED
- 1+ years of hardware installation, or production experience in automotive, aerospace, aviation, military, or other high-reliability operating environment
- Basic understanding of connections, harnesses, and electro-mechanical systems
- Basic understanding of low voltage and high voltage applications
- Basic understanding of composites manufacturing
- Ability to read/understand technical drawings, manuals, and reports
- Experience self-checking work to quality standards
We welcome you to apply even if you don’t match every requirement posted for this role. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you are passionate about working on the next evolution in aviation and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply. Diverse backgrounds and experiences promote innovation and our goal is to build a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Please note that as of August 15, 2021, all persons working on Kittyhawk company premises must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination. Applicants may seek an exception through the reasonable accommodation process.
Our headquarters is in Palo Alto and we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 40% company matching (no vesting period), flight lesson subsidy, education assistance, and company-sponsored social events. For those working onsite, Kittyhawk also offers commuter assistance, and free drinks and snacks.
Kittyhawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kittyhawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kittyhawk is an E-Verify employer.