IT Helpdesk Technician
Mountain View, CA
Kitty Hawk – Business Operations
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are currently seeking an IT Helpdesk Engineer who can provide end user technical support. You will be responsible to manage and troubleshoot a variety of technical issues related to IT equipment (Mac, PC, Printers, etc) and be able to assist in supporting applications owned by IT. You will work alongside other IT engineers to support the IT infrastructure in order to bring about the future of electric aviation.
Within 3 months you will:
- Learn team culture and methods through our onboarding process
- Help in triaging and resolving helpdesk related requests through our ticketing system
- Assist in supporting user profile management through Active Directory and Okta
- Learn IT procedures and develop ideas to improve them
Within 6 months you will:
- Help streamline and optimize IT procurement and fulfillment
- Assist with rollout of IT Asset management and Mobile Device Management frameworks
- Engage with IT’s customers to manage changes to key services
- Directly contribute to the overall success of organizational milestones and SLAs
- Must have strong Mac and PC knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Install hardware and peripheral components like disk drives, printers, keyboards and monitors.
- Good working knowledge of Okta, G Suite and Active Directory
- Experience with system deployment, configuration deployment, and management of Mac/Windows to roll out updates
- Be able to troubleshoot basic network issues
- Good knowledge of IT security best practices
- Prior experience with AV Conference room setups using Google Meet/Zoom
- Ability to exercise good judgement, to independently assess risk, and to make critical decisions
- Ability to move quickly in a fast-paced startup setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Linux systems, Ubuntu, Centos
- Datacenter operations experience
- Exposure to configuration and maintenance of Network devices
- Experience with basic administration of JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket
- Scripting capabilities (Powershell, BASH, etc)
- Automation experience (munki & puppet or similar tools)
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform
- Be able to accomodate an early start to the day
- A healthy sense of adventure
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.