Mountain View, CA
Kitty Hawk – Business Operations
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are looking for an experienced Cost Accountant to join our Finance team. This is role will be key in the setup and development of our Cost Accounting processes across the company. We need a highly experienced and motivated individual to work with key members across multiple divisions of the company.
Within 3 months you will:
- Develop relationships within the Finance team to understand the Accounting process and how Cost Accounting will integrate into the closing and budgeting and FP&A processes.
- Develop strong working knowledge of the current products (Cora & Flyer), including manufacturing and design to support costing of manufacturing BOMs and assembly.
- Assist the Finance department in month and year-end related closing activities.
Within 6 months you will:
- Support the Cora team in the ongoing analysis of assembly and product costs.
- Provide timely updates on the status of product and assembly process costs to the VP of Finance and other team members.
- Perform reconciliations of significant account balances.
Within 12 months you will:
- Support ERP and other system implementations to improve process efficiency and quality of financial information.
- Take the lead on providing significant Cost Accounting assumptions for the 2020 Cora budget.
- Contribute to other projects within the Finance group for overall success of the Accounting and FP&A functions.
- Provide input and support in the development of Cost Accounting processes.
- Review BOMs for cost and content accuracy and prepare related analyses.
- Responsible for monthly analyses and related journal entries for Cost of Sales, R&D costs and Inventory.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports for financial statements and budgets to be distributed throughout the organization.
- Communicate with Manufacturing, Engineering and Supply Chain areas, as needed, for ongoing projects and corrections of errors as needed.
- Assist in the development of inventory control procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree and five to seven years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with costing within an ERP system.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical, organization and communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- Experience implementing a costing or ERP system module(s).
- Lean, six sigma or other process improvement experience.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, charitable giving match, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.