Mountain View, CA
Flyer – Engineering
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
KittyHawk is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to take ownership of Flyer’s existing build and release/CI pipeline, including automated test frameworks (unit and simulation) and HIL (hardware in the loop), and OTA deployment, and to enhance this infrastructure moving forward.
The ideal candidate will have a software development background - you will understand the needs of the software organization because you have “been there, done that”, and you will be able to understand and act on the output from static analysis tools. The ideal candidate will also have a passion to continually improve processes and optimize inefficiencies, and will enjoy developing automation tools and implementing tools that enhance software quality.
- Own the CI pipeline and the build and release process
- Ensure that scheduled releases complete (or, debug as necessary)
- In collaboration with the software team, enhance the CI pipeline (perhaps deploying static or dynamic analysis tools, enhanced test frameworks or simulations)
- Support HIL integration/updates/debug
- Support and enhance the OTA deployment infrastructure
- In collaboration with the software team, ensure that patches to released software can be supported
- Time permitting, support the implementation of additional tools (e.g., requirements tracking)
- 5+ years professional software development experience, including product development using C++
- 3+ years in Software Build and Release or DevOps
- Experience creating and owning CI/CD pipelines to build, test, and deploy using tools Git, Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI or similar tools
- Experience with code coverage analysis
- Experience in infrastructure programming and scripting in Python, Bash; experience in Linux environments
- Hands-on experience with public cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure or a similar tool) and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience automating and orchestrating workloads via infrastructure-as-code using Ansible, Terraform or a similar tool is a plus
- Understanding of software security, including secure release processes is a plus
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, charitable giving match, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.