Senior Finance Manager
Palo Alto, CA
Kitty Hawk – Business Operations
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Finance Manager to help chart our financial course and design and innovate our financial planning processes. As a founding member of our Operations Finance team, you will play a crucial role in augmenting our capability to understand the past with certainty and view the future with clarity. This role is hands-on, high-visibility, and high-impact. You will be the primary financial partner for our departments and work closely with senior leadership. This position is an individual contributor role, is based in Palo Alto and reports to the Head of Finance.
- Strategic Business Partner to our division leads and management teams
- Provide the analytic horsepower to drive decisions around opportunities that are critical to the growth of the company
- Design, implement and improve a forecasting process for our businesses, providing financial visibility and clarity
- Pioneer and lead financial analyses and reporting to help monitor performance and identify improvement opportunities
- Deliver financials and value-add insight to the Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Work closely with the Accounting team to design, implement and improve upon critical financial processes, policies, systems and operations
- Be solutions-oriented and act as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders on the operational and technical implications of new business ventures
- Provide guidance and support of corporate finance functions and activities
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or related field
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Finance, Business Operations, or related role. Working knowledge of US GAAP a plus
- Exceptional Excel, Google Sheets, and Google Presentation skills
- Experience working with cloud-based Finance systems (e.g., Netsuite, Intacct, Host Analytics, Adaptive Insights, etc.) preferred
- Stellar communication and presentation skills
- Skilled at balancing attention to detail with swift execution
- Proactive, self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and willing to roll up one’s sleeves
- Intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, and creative
- Collaborative partnership style and demonstrated capacity for indirect influence
- Experience at private companies a plus
- Prior experience in manufacturing, aviation, autonomous transportation or related industries a plus
We are located in Palo Alto, with great access to nice outdoor spaces. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches and snacks, flight lessons, happy hours, and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.