Senior Full-Stack Web Developer for Scientific Applications (Bachelor’s)
Clifton Park, New York / Carrboro, North Carolina / Minneapolis, MN / Arlington, Virginia
Technical – Data and Analytics /
Full Time /
Employment Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position.
Kitware’s Data and Analytics team helps internal and external customers deliver their next data and AI workflows with our expertise in emerging web and software infrastructure technologies. The Data and Analytics team fosters a collaborative atmosphere where we pride ourselves on the proactive exchange of ideas.
About the Projects:
Some Tools We Use:
Django - Postgres - Celery - Vue.js - GitHub
In This Position You Will:
- Collaborate with our distributed research and development engineering team as well as external collaborators and customers to design and implement new features and fix bugs for our platforms and web applications.
- Contribute to the overall architecture design of web applications.
- Maintain scalability, code integrity, and usability of applications.
- Participate in our team’s software quality assurance practices.
- Work concurrently on multiple projects for a variety of customers.
- Be an excellent communicator with both local and remote teammates.
- Translate scientific requirements of collaborators into technical and architectural application requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area, plus 5-8 years experience in web development, preferably in a technical/software industry, or equivalent amount of education and experience.
- Back-end service programming in Python preferably with Django, Flask, FastAPI, or similar.
- Experience with Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Proficiency with modern front-end application frameworks such as React or Vue.js.
- Knowledge of HTTP and related standards such as REST.
- Ability to build secure web applications which protect against common attack vectors.
- Experience with software quality process tools and methodologies, such as Git, continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience designing and implementing greenfield software solutions, based on gathered business requirements.
- Experience with cloud computing services, particularly AWS and Heroku.
- Experience using DevOps methodologies and related tools, such as Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Experience in building well-crafted user interfaces, including interactive data visualizations.
$90,000 - $115,000 a year
Kitware is a research and development software solutions provider with a mission to advance science, make a positive impact, and share our results all within a collaborative, employee-focused work environment that is friendly, fair, and flexible. Our work is improving healthcare outcomes, increasing national security, and advancing our national computing infrastructure. Our customers and collaborators include top universities from around the world, government organizations, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, car manufacturers, financial institutions, and many others.
Kitware is proud to be 100% employee-owned, and Great Place to Work-Certified™.
Our team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a competitive compensation plan, tuition reimbursement program, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks, and snacks.
For more information on our benefit offerings please visit: https://www.kitware.com/careers/.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Any unsolicited resume sent to Kitware, including to Kitware's mailing addresses, fax machines or email addresses, whether directly to Kitware employees or to Kitware's applicant tracking system, will be considered Kitware property. Kitware will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, and will consider any candidate submitted by a recruitment agency without a fully executed contract with Kitware to have been referred free of any charges or fees.
If you need assistance with applying or interviewing for a role due to a disability or special need, please reach out directly to our HR team at email@example.com at any time during the hiring process.