Software DevOps Engineer
Clifton Park, New York /
Technical – Scientific Computing /
We look for and hire employees with a strong passion for problem solving. Our development teams practice agile methodologies and we pride ourselves on having an accountability-based management style meaning that the communication channel with your team lead is open and that project management is done in a collaborative manner. Developers are encouraged to offer their opinions. Teams vary from small to mid-sized and tend to be close-knit. Developers are provided with a yearly equipment budget to meet their computational needs.
About the Projects:
Kitware is seeking a build systems engineer to support the software process needs of the Scientific Computing Team at our headquarters in Clifton Park, New York near the state’s capital. This position offers an opportunity to support a wide variety of computational platforms including Mac, Linux, and Windows systems as well as Cloud and supercomputer HPC systems. Through this position you will work alongside our talented software developers.
In This Position You Will:
- Maintain and expand build architectures for leading-edge scientific software including VTK, ParaView, and CMB using the CMake build system
- Support multiple platforms including Mac, Linux, Windows, Cloud, and HPC
- Use, expand, and maintain development workflows using GitLab and GitHub
- Set up and maintain continuous integration workflows
- Work on the next generation supercomputers to deploy and test scientific software
- Work with multiple teams of developer
- Proficiency with build systems (such as CMake, Make, Meson, RPM, dpkg)
- Familiarity with developing on or for multiple operating systems
- Familiarity with building and debugging C++ and Python
- Minimum of a Bachelors in computer science or related field
- Experience with Containers and Provisioning
- Exposure to Scientific or Engineering Software
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is one of the fastest growing software companies in the country. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Please visit www.jobs.kitware.com to view other Kitware positions you may be interested in and learn more about what we have to offer.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.