Machine Learning Software Developer
Clifton Park, New York
Data and Analytics
Full Time - Hourly
By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic work environment with exceptionally talented coworkers who are committed to high-quality development practices. The ideal candidate will:
-Collaborate with our distributed research and development engineering team as well as external collaborators and customers to design and implement new features for our platforms and web applications
-Contribute to the overall architecture design of web applications
-Maintain scalability, code integrity, and usability of applications
-Participate in our team’s software quality assurance practices
-Collaborate with leading researchers in academic, commercial, and government institutions to extract knowledge from complex images, video, and other data sources
-Be an excellent communicator with both local and remote teammates
-Translate scientific requirements of collaborators into technical and architectural application requirements
- Design and develop system architecture and workflows for machine learning, including APIs, and software toolkits to run end-to-end machine learning systems.
- Train and test machine learning and deep learning models, and perform transfer learning by leveraging existing network architectures and models to newer, related problems
- Working with other team members including data engineers, backend and frontend developers, and UI/UX designers is expected in building end-to-end ML systems.
What You Will Contribute
- Strong understanding of machine learning fundamentals
- Working knowledge of one or more of the popular machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, or PyTorch.
- Ability to work with image data (geospatial, remote sensing, or medical imaging) and Python scientific stack (NumPy, SciPy) Pandas etc. Knowledge of the R statistical stack is a plus.
Opportunities for Growth
- An opportunity to contribute to technical publications such as conference and journals papers, proposal writing and public facing blogs.
- Gain familiarity and experience with cloud infrastructure, DevOps, and software engineering workflows.
- Attend machine learning conferences and workshops and represent Kitware research and development
What to Expect
- Initial training and mentoring to gain expertise with Kitware projects, tools, and workflows
- Evaluate tools technologies that best fit project needs
- Gain experience while performing smaller and more specified tasks to start and then more open ended tasks over time
- Become a maintainer and lead developer for specific modules and tools for projects
*Due to contractual restrictions, candidates must be US Persons (citizens, permanent residents, asylees or refugees).
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is a fast-moving and ever-changing company. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Candidates that have a strong preference should indicate their preferred office location somewhere in their cover letter or resume. Available offices include Clifton Park, NY; Carrboro, NC; Arlington, VA; or Santa Fe, NM.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.