Machine Learning Software Developer
Remote, USA /
Technical – Data and Analytics /
Kitware’s Data and Analytics team helps internal and external customers deliver their next data and AI workflows with our expertise in emerging web and software infrastructure technologies. The Data and Analytics team fosters a collaborative atmosphere where we pride ourselves on the proactive exchange of ideas.
About the Projects:
In This Position You Will:
- Operationalize research code into production
- Maintain scalability, code integrity, and usability of applications
- Participate in our team’s software quality assurance practices
- Collaborate with leading researchers in academic, commercial, and government institutions to extract knowledge from complex images, video, and other data sources
- Be an excellent communicator with both local and remote teammates
- Translate scientific requirements of collaborators into technical and architectural application requirements
- Collaborate with our distributed research and development engineering team as well as external collaborators and customers to design and implement new features for our platforms and web applications
- Contribute to the overall architecture design of web applications
- B.S. and 3-5 years of work experience in software engineering or related field or advanced degree in computer science and 1 year of work experience in software engineering or related field
- Strong understanding of machine learning fundamentals and theory
- Practical knowledge and experience with Machine Learning training, testing, and validation specifically with image data
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Experience in Python-based machine learning frameworks and tools such as PyTorch, Scikit-Learn, Pandas, Numpy/Scipy
- Prior experience in software engineering and/or software development and desire to grow as a software engineer
- Due to contractual restrictions, only candidates that are US Persons (citizens, permanent residents, asylees or refugees) will be considered for this position.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure, devops, and software engineering workflows
- Prior experience working with geospatial and/or medical imaging data
Kitware collaborates with customers to solve the world’s most complex scientific challenges through customized software solutions. Kitware delivers innovation by focusing on advanced technical computing, state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, and full-spectrum software solutions. Since its founding in 1998, Kitware has developed a reputation for deep customer understanding and technical expertise, honest interactions, and open innovation. We are proud to be a 100% employee-owned company. For additional information, please visit kitware.com. You can also follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Kitware is proud to be a 100% employee-owned company. Our team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, tuition reimbursement program, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.