Bilingual Administrative Coordinator, Safety (Temporary)
Oakland, Ca /
Kiva Manufacturing Inc. – Compliance /
Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is a world-class cannabis-infused edibles company in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, Lost Farms Gummies & Chews, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and thoughtfully combined with California cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal has been to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science, we ensure a deliciously consistent experience.
We have high-reaching growth plans as the legal market and consumer adoption expand. Key growth initiatives include ambitious platform innovation, outstanding marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this spectacular growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
The function of the Bilingual Administrative Coordinator for Safety and Security will be to assist in the administration of Kiva's health and safety protocols and policies as it relates to all health and wellness policies as well as COVID. The ideal candidate will have a strong administrative background, with the ability to quickly pick up different applications, pivot and prioritize projects, and proactively assist the Director of Safety and Security in crafting and maintaining a safe work environment.
The policies and priorities that relate to health and wellness, specifically COVID, are constantly shifting and it is a key aspect of this role to assist the Director in staying up-to-date with these changes and assist in appropriately making adjustments in the workplace. This position requires crafting, messaging, and implement new safety policies to a diverse group of employees within multiple levels of the organization.
This is a six-month position, onsite Monday - Friday
Bilingual: English and Spanish is a requirement
As Kiva's Administrative Coordinator - Safety and Security, you will...
- Implements administrative projects, systems, procedures, and policies.
- Builds and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, analyzing utilization of computer systems and software, and implementing changes.
- Develops administrative staff by providing information, training, and mentor.
- Inventories and orders office supplies.
- Prepares agendas and takes notes at meetings and archives proceedings.
- Assists in preparation of reports and presentations
- Maintains continuity of work operations by detailing and presenting needed actions to management, discovering irregularities, and resolving continuing needs.
- Guides employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating administrative policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines, and presenting developments to management.
- Completes administrative projects by identifying and implementing new technology and resources, redesigning systems, and recommending re-deployment of designated resources.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related tasks and projects as needed.
- Promote compliance with the company's safety programs
- Assist in the implementation of the safety programs to meet or exceed federal, state, and company safety standards
- Respond to all sick calls and implement the company's health and wellness guidelines
- Follow up with all testing protocols, appointments, sick calls and keep accurate records.
- Assistant site managers in facilitating employees return to work once health screening is completed
- Track and maintain all safety and security records
- Promote compliance with the company's safety program and accident prevention efforts to ensure company safety goals are met
- Assist Safety and Security team with additional duties as assigned
What we're looking for...
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in speaking and writing in English and Spanish
- Excellent customer service
- Familiarity with Google docs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate a personal computer: proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to adjust quickly to needs and demands of the health and wellness program and initiatives
- Efficient digital organization skills
- Hourly: $29.25 to $ 35.11 - We consider a number of factors such as internal pay parity, relevant experience/skills, geographic location, etc.
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers
Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information
Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History
Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information
Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.