Field Marketing Representative - Upstate New York
Kiva Brands – Geo Expansion /
Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is a world-class cannabis-infused edibles company in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, Lost Farms Gummies & Chews, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and thoughtfully combined with California cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal has been to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science, we ensure a deliciously consistent experience.
We have high-reaching growth plans as the legal market and consumer adoption expand. Key growth initiatives include ambitious platform innovation, outstanding marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this spectacular growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
As a Field Marketing Representative (FMR) for the Upstate New York area, you will be the face of the brand at various events in the field and in store with key retail partners. You will build relationships with key strategic partners, engage budtenders (BT) by way of education and sampling on KIVA products as well as attending marketing events.. In this role, you will largely be responsible for encouraging growth of brand awareness and trial. You will report to the Trade Marketing Manager in your state.
MUST reside in UPSTATE NEW YORK!!
This job is for you if...
- You have a background in customer service and strong communication skills
- You have an energetic and entrepreneurial spirit
- You’re a down to earth, fun and have a “work hard, play hard” mentality
- You’re organized and highly responsive- able to maintain communication on all channels (email, text, Slack, etc.)
- You have a deep understanding of what it takes to execute a successful event
- You’re Adaptable with the ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively prioritize business needs
- You’re naturally outgoing and internally motivated in your personal and professional efforts
- You’re a relationship builder, excited by the opportunity to partner with our consumers and retail partners
- You’re a goal-oriented self-starter and able to take the initiative to achieve/exceed goals
- You’re genuine in your desire to educate and inform consumers on KIVA products
- You’re willing to regularly work early mornings, evenings, and weekends based on company needs.
- You’re able to maintain a complex, flexible schedule
- You’re passionate about cannabis and cannabis education
As Kiva's Field Marketing Representative - Upstate New York, you will...
- Represent all KIVA product lines across the entire portfolio
- Create a unique patient experience within a modular footprint to increase brand awareness and build customer loyalty
- Communicate facts regarding proper dosing, nutrition and key functions and benefits of cannabis, as well as how it relates to the Kiva products
- Provide samples and gift branded swag
- Track all activity and consumer insights/feedback through digital recaps
- Be the eyes and ears of KIVA from the field, reporting observations regarding retail accounts as well as competitor activity
- Communicate success stories, key learnings, and other activities to your manager
- Marketing Events:
- Support Trade Marketing events (inside & outside of retail environment) relevant to the brand and to the region (i.e. local festivals)
- Participate in execution of sampling initiatives, reaching patients where they live and play
- Create harmonious relationships with our retail partners and their staff to cultivate a strong affinity for the Kiva brand
- Conduct retail staff training (within accounts) on the Kiva brand portfolio.
Building & Maintaining Relationships:
What we're looking for...
- Must have 2 years of relevant experience in events, promotions, media or consumer products marketing
- Must have minimum of 2 years work experience in a customer service setting
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Must meet Kiva’s Motor Vehicle Report requirements
- The ability to positively engage the public, representing the brand in a highly positive manner
- An understanding of both marketing & sales fundamentals
- Sales experience and/or knowledge of the cannabis industry or CPG industry
- A deep-rooted understanding of the relevant market and surrounding area
- Mastered the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Access to a computer for reporting sampling results and are well versed in Google systems
- Access to a personal smartphone for schedule updates, photo capturing, and emails
- Ability to travel independently throughout your territory/state for demonstrations and other events is required
- Ability to lift heavy items including tents, tables, and boxes up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be in contact with and handle food products
$25.65 - $31 an hour
Please note, we consider a number of factors such as internal pay parity, relevant experience/skills, geographic location, etc.
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers
Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information
Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History
Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information
Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.