Talent Acquisition Manager
Kiva Brands – Human Resources
Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is the premier cannabis-infused edibles company in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and skillfully combined with California cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal is to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science to ensure a deliciously consistent experience every time, we continue to deliver on that mission today.
We have aggressive growth plans as the legal market, and consumer adoption continues to expand. Key growth initiatives include bold platform innovation, best in class marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this explosive growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will oversee the planning, development, and management of the talent acquisition and recruitment strategy and processes for Kiva Brands, Inc. The individual in this role will ensure that all individuals applying to a position with Kiva Brands, Inc. have an excellent candidate experience and will partner with our hiring managers in order to fill open positions successfully and within the desired time frame.
This job is for you, if...
- You love a challenge and consider recruiting to be somewhat of a puzzle – finding exactly the right piece and exactly where to put it
- You are passionate about customer service and want to ensure that each individual involved in our Talent Acquisition process has an excellent experience, whether the current employee (Hiring Manager) or hopefully future employee (job applicants)
- You genuinely love the Talent Acquisition process and are able to clearly and effectively train others on their role within our recruiting and hiring practices
- You are able to take all that goes into recruiting and build reports showing achievements and areas for improvement and effectively present these to Leadership
- You are a motivational leader who wants to grow and develop a team of Talent Acquisition Professionals
- You are innovative and love coming up with new, effective and exciting ways to do every-day things (such as an employee referral program or an internal recruiting program)You are extremely organized and can quickly and easily relay updates on processes to anyone who asks
- You pride yourself on your communication skills and love cross-functional collaboration
As the Kiva Talent Acquisition Manager you will...
- Oversee the Talent Acquisition team, strategy, and execution for Kiva Brands, Inc.
- Develop and implement a sustainable, best-in-class Talent Acquisition process inclusive of progress visibility and excellent communication.
- Work closely with hiring managers and ensure a high-level of candidate engagement and a positive candidate experience
- Design and implement the training program for all employees involved in the Talent Acquisition Process, to include legal considerations in the hiring process, best practices in interviewing, etc.
- Design and implement interview scorecards and lead the collection and sharing of feedback after interviews have taken place
- Lead, manage and develop a Talent Acquisition Team with the primary goal of being an excellent, responsive and high-functioning internal resource to employees and an excellent and responsive representative of Kiva Brands with candidates and external sources
- Determine key performance indicators for the Talent Acquisition department and provide monthly and quarterly progress reports for the Leadership Team
- Develop, implement and oversee the candidate survey program; report quarterly on trends and present recommendations to address
- Maintain a strong, engaged pipeline of qualified candidates and cultivate a strong network of passive talent by being a creative and innovative sourcer
- Manage internal application system to ensure effective, user-friendly process and accurate reporting
- Create recruiting marketing and communication tools including employee videos/testimonials, social media campaigns and recruiting marketing collateral
- Plan and lead the execution of targeted recruiting events and initiatives to boost the Kiva Brands, Inc. employer brand.
- Develop strategic partnerships with universities and industry organizations; attend job fairs and participate in recruiting events
- Design, implement and oversee company-wide internship program for Kiva Brands, Inc.
- Design, implement, promote and manage a robust internal recruitment process that actively sources employees for promotion and growth and celebrates success
- Manage and promote the Employee Referral Program
- Design, plan and execute selection processes
What we're looking for...
- A minimum of 3 years in a full-cycle recruiting role with emphasis placed on quality of hire, not quantity
- Knowledge of what the Talent Acquisition Team looks like at the next stage of growth and the ability to train the team to prepare for and implement that next stage
- Experience and clarity on when to work with outside vendors versus managing searches internally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both reading and writing, is required
- A genuine concern that our candidates have the best possible candidate experience while being considered for a position with Kiva Brands, Inc.
- Strong knowledge of employment law
- Hands-on experience with using various tools to fill jobs (social media, job boards, recruiters, career fairs, sourcing from passive candidates)Experience with Lever or similar ATS, Paylocity or similar HRIS and various sourcing and recruitment marketing tools
- Ability to lead annual headcount planning sessions
- Ability to design and present effective training to employees
- Ability to influence employees at all levels of the organization to ensure a successful department output
- Excellent time management skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prepare reports that are easy to read and understand and the ability to present effectively in front of a large group of people.
- This position is based in a busy office environment subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours Monday-Friday from 8:00 am-5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers
Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information
Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History
Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information
Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.