Field Marketing Representative - Lansing, MI
Lansing, MI /
Kiva Brands – Geo Expansion /
Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is a world-class cannabis-infused edibles company founded in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line in Michigan includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, Lost Farms Gummies & Chews, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and thoughtfully combined with Michigan cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal has been to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science, we ensure a deliciously consistent experience
As a Field Marketing Representative (FMR) for the Lansing, MI area, you will be the face of the brand at various events in the field and in store with key retail partners. You will establish relationships with key strategic partners, provide sampling and product demonstrations to consumers and engage budtenders (BT) by way of education and sampling on KIVA products. In this role, you will largely be in charge of encouraging growth of brand awareness and trial. FMRs will report to their local territory Market Manager.
This job is for you, if...
- Have a background in customer service and strong communication skills
- You have an upbeat and bold spirit!
- You’re a no-nonsense, fun and have a “work hard, enjoy life” mentality
- You’re organized and highly adaptable- have good communication on all channels (email, text, Slack, etc.)
- You have a deep understanding of what it takes to complete a successful event
- You’re Adaptable - able to multi-task efficiently and optimally prioritize business needs
- You're naturally outgoing and internally motivated in your personal and professional efforts
- A relationship builder, you are excited by the opportunity to partner with our consumers and retail partners
- Goal-oriented self-starter and able to take the initiative to achieve/exceed goals
- You’re genuine in your desire to educate and advise consumers on KIVA products
- You’re willing to regularly work early mornings, evenings, and weekends based on company needs.
- You’re able to maintain a flexible schedule
- You’re passionate about cannabis and cannabis education
As Kiva's Field Marketing Representative - Lansing, MI, you will...
- Represent all KIVA product lines across the entire portfolio
- Conduct in–store demos, as assigned by your regional Market Manager and the distribution partner’s sales team
- Build an outstanding patient experience within a modular footprint to build customer dedication
- Communicate facts regarding accurate dosing, nutrition and key functions and benefits of cannabis, as well as how it relates to the Kiva products
- Provide samples and gift branded swag to interested patients
- Supervise all activity and consumer insights/feedback through digital recaps
- Be the eyes and ears of KIVA from the field, reporting observations regarding retail accounts as well as competitor activity
- Communicate success stories, key findings, and other activities to your manager
- Support Trade Marketing events (inside & outside of retail environment) relevant to the brand and to the region (i.e. local festivals)
- Participate in execution of sampling initiatives, reaching patients where they live and play
- Build harmonious relationships with our retail partners and their staff to cultivate a strong affinity for the Kiva brand!
- Conduct retail staff training (within accounts) on the Kiva brand portfolio.
Building & Maintaining Relationships:
What we're looking for...
- 2 years of experience in events, promotions, media or consumer products marketing
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a customer service setting
- Be 21+ years of age
- Must be able to pass Motor Vehicle Report requirements
- The ability to positively engage the public, representing the brand in a highly positive manner
- An understanding of both marketing & sales fundamentals
- Sales experience and/or knowledge of the cannabis industry or CPG industry
- A deep-rooted understanding of the relevant market and surrounding area
- Be able work autonomously and collaboratively
- MUST have reliable transportation and be able to work evenings and weekends!
$23.09 - $28.65 an hour
Please note, we consider a number of factors such as internal pay parity, relevant experience/skills, geographic location, etc.