Market Manager - Midwest - Geo External Partners
Kiva Brands – Geo Expansion /
Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is the premier cannabis-infused edibles company in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and skillfully combined with California cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal is to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science to ensure a deliciously consistent experience every time, we continue to deliver on that mission today.
We have aggressive growth plans as the legal market, and consumer adoption continues to expand. Key growth initiatives include bold platform innovation, best in class marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this explosive growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
Kiva Brands is looking for a Market Manager (MM) to provide sales support to Kiva’s licensor partners in the Midwest Region (Illinois, Michigan and Ohio). The MM, a full-time exempt position, will manage the Midwest territory by working alongside our local partners to drive results in achieving sales goals, establishing new business, and developing relationships with local retailers. The MM will help ensure assigned OKR's are achieved, support the local distribution teams, execute on-the-ground marketing activations, and help create and improve buyer relationships at the retail level.
This position covers the Midwest market: IL, MI, OH. Travel up to 100% of the time. The right person can be based anywhere out of Illinois, Michigan or Ohio.
As a Market Manager, you'll...
- Establish and develop relationships with the state-partner / licensor to ensure goals and expectations are aligned and OKR’s are met
- Achieve established sales targets in the region by supporting a team of distributor sales representatives
- Work closely with state partners to implement new and existing business, including new product rollout and promotional activity
- Drive improvement in establishing strong relationships with retail partners
- Assist with the communication of new product launches and associated sales targets
- Travel to retailers to support efforts in establishing relationships with retail managers and buyers
- Provide weekly sales reports to management
- Ability to manage revenue & penetration targets and reporting for respective state territory, as well as identify opportunities and gaps of growth with the current portfolio
- Lead Kiva brand education efforts with distributor sales teams, budtenders and retail teams
- Manage the deployment of centrally produced Kiva Marketing assets (i.e., swag, displays, print materials) as well as design and lead marketing experiential marketing efforts in market
- Coordinate with state partners to hire and schedule local BA demos
- Source, plan and run community and retail-based events in conjunction with priority accounts
- Support ancillary marketing/PR opportunities
What we're looking for...
- An individual of unquestioned integrity possessing strong interpersonal skills, a sense of urgency and a strategic orientation leadership style characterized by straightforwardness, approachability, team orientation and collaboration
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Experience with people management and maximizing relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm for the cannabis industry
- This position will require reliable transportation to travel throughout assigned territory.
- Daily travel may be required
- Must be able to travel as needed across the territory
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. occasionally
What you'll need...
- Candidate must reside within the Midwest territory
- Associate's Degree is required, Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years minimum sales experience and show the ability to lead and manage multiple geographic regions
- Proficient with Asana, G-Suite, and CRM platforms
- Prior cannabis experience is a plus but not required
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers
Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information
Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History
Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information
Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.