Operations Manager - Geo External Partners
Oakland, Ca /
Kiva Brands – Geo Expansion /
Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is the premier cannabis-infused edibles company in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and skillfully combined with California cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal is to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science to ensure a deliciously consistent experience every time, we continue to deliver on that mission today.
We have aggressive growth plans as the legal market, and consumer adoption continues to expand. Key growth initiatives include bold platform innovation, best in class marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this explosive growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
This full-time exempt position reports to the General Manager of Geo Expansion Markets and works in collaboration with the External Partners Technical Transfer Manager and Kiva’s Operations team. This person manages overall operations processes for new product launches and ongoing manufacturing of existing Kiva licensed products in partner facilities outside of California.
As Kiva's Operations Manager, you'll...
- Ensure operations milestones are aligned with Kiva’s business goals in each state
- Program manage and build process for operations launch of new product lines and new SKUs in markets
- Coordinate manufacturing setup and certification with internal and external stakeholders for production in new markets and for new lines in existing markets
- Problem solve roadblocks of current production SOPs for deployment in new markets
- Monthly operations review - SOPs, batch records, and GMP-related documents such as material specifications, deviation reports.
- Annual operations audit
- You will be responsible for directing, aligning and coordinating product launches & ongoing production for multiple geo expansion partners to deliver sustainable operations results that meet Kiva’s business plan, and that are in compliance with each state’s cannabis regulations
- Direct, align and coordinating product launches & ongoing production for multiple geo expansion partners to deliver sustainable operations results that meet Kiva’s business plan, and that are in compliance with each state’s cannabis regulations
- On-board new state partners to meet Kiva’s quality standards & sales forecast through reporting of production, shipments, schedule attainment and on-hand inventories of raw materials and packaging
- Align, coordinate and manage supply strategies for partners to deliver sustainable results that will meet each state’s cannabis regulations
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including Geo GM, Tech Transfer, FSQA, and Operations to ensure all state-specific operational goals are met and rolled out in market
- Develop and implementing process improvements for operational rollout of new markets, and for problem-solving existing operational limitations in existing markets
- Collaborate internally with the following Kiva teams and consulting partners
- FSQA - Operational certification, annual audit, food safety protocols, CGMP and allergen program implementation
- Technical transfer - Training for production, formulation for specific SKUs in markets (potency calculator, batch calculator), SOPs, product specification, Ingredients and nutritionals for packaging labels, control samples (virgin)
- Operations - Preliminary audit, facility design layout and buildout - review & approval (by product line and process flow), Systems + production certification, monthly operations review, launch support, process optimization, demand planning, launch and ongoing supply chain support
- Regulatory/Compliance - Package & label verification
- Marketing - Packaging & label design as per state regulations
Geo External Partner Accountabilities
Internal Cross-functional Accountabilities
Collaborate internally with the following Kiva teams and consulting partners:
What we're looking for...
- Experience as a project manager, or proven ability to manage, organize, and deliver multiple large cross-functional projects on time
- Must be detail and performance oriented, high level of accuracy, excellent interpersonal skills
- You are analytical, organizational, interpersonal, communication, presentation, coaching, and leadership skills
- Have a good understanding of manufacturing methods, techniques, and related equipment a plus
What you'll need...
- Bachelor's degree required (Engineering or other technical degree preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of direct hands-on experience in operations/productions, preferably in cannabis, food, or pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Willing to travel to manufacturing sites across the U.S.
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers
Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information
Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History
Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information
Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.