Oakland, Ca /
Kiva Manufacturing Inc. – Operations /
Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is the premier cannabis-infused edibles company in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and skillfully combined with California cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal is to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science to ensure a deliciously consistent experience every time, we continue to deliver on that mission today.
We have aggressive growth plans as the legal market, and consumer adoption continues to expand. Key growth initiatives include bold platform innovation, best in class marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this explosive growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
The Infusion Technician is responsible for the daily infusion of production batches, maintaining and organizing cannabis inventory, assisting in preparing cannabis for edible use, preparing cannabis samples for third party lab testing, and assisting the Extraction Lead in daily tasks.
As one of Kiva's Infusion Technicians, you will...
- Assist in batch-making (emulsions, liquids, powder, hard-boiled, chews & tablets for edibles) using the latest technology!
- Perform tasks related to cannabis material intake; initial contact with delivery drivers, inspection, re-bagging, labeling, and data entry
- Maintain strict inventory records of all cannabis materials, chemicals and equipment used in the laboratory and infusion prep area
- Maintain safety equipment, chemical material safety data sheets, and records
- Operate, maintain, adjust and repair infusion equipment such as blenders, sieves, mixers, and ovens
- Maintain inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment, and prepare requisitions as needed
- Store supplies and equipment, dispose of waste according to guidelines, and keep laboratory, storerooms and working areas well maintained
- Maintain and adhere to cGMP’s (current Good Manufacturing Practices) and SOPs (Standard Operation Procedures).
- Wash and sterilize laboratory equipment
- Assist other departments with production as needed
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
What we're looking for...
- Knowledge of cannabis extraction methods preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of medical marijuana laws and medicinal benefits
- Bachelor’s in Chemistry or related field preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience with cannabis strongly preferred
- Must display effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong teamwork skills and strong communication skills required
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced start up environment is a plus
- Must be able to work in a stationary position for an 8-hour shift
This is the job for you, if…
- You're a self motivated, team player, willing to assist in any department
- You’re interested in a meaningful job at a growing Cannabis company in Oakland where you’ll work on a variety of tasks and be appreciated daily for doing your job well
- You want to help create a real product that contributes to a better world
- You like to focus on the positive, and how to fix the problem
- You have integrity and enjoy being part of a fast-paced industry
- You’ve been told (more than once) that you’re scrappy, a progressive, a roll-up-the-sleeves, get stuff done type of person that is organized, honest and thoughtful
- Your friends describe you as trustworthy, loyal and dependable
- You’ve been called an over-achiever
- You don’t leave things to chance and rely on your ability to “wing it.” Rather you’re calculated, prepared and take measured risks
- You gain fulfillment from completing your task correctly
- You have VERY strong conversational communication skills
- You have a way with people
- This position is based in a busy manufacturing warehouse subject to frequent interruptions.
- Monday - Friday (Occasional Weekends)
- Must be able to lift and move objects overhead weighing up to 50lbs.
- Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers
Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information
Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History
Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information
Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.