Maintenance Technician - Food Manufacturing (12pm to 8:30pm)
Oakland, Ca /
Kiva Manufacturing Inc. – Operations /
Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is a world-class cannabis-infused edibles company in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, Lost Farms Gummies & Chews, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and thoughtfully combined with California cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal has been to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science, we ensure a deliciously consistent experience.
We have high-reaching growth plans as the legal market and consumer adoption expand. Key growth initiatives include ambitious platform innovation, outstanding marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this spectacular growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
The Maintenance Technician will assure Kiva’s equipment, systems, and facilities are maintained to optimize production, meet company requirements, and function safely.
As Maintenance Technician you will...
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
- Troubleshoots and makes repairs on facility and equipment to keep the production line flowing.
- Performs maintenance duties as directed by the Maintenance Manager and as shown on the preventative maintenance schedule and from the results of periodic inspections.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hand and power tools; examining the form and texture of parts.
- Performs janitorial maintenance and cleaning and minor building repairs as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Reports on equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
- Takes repair requests from production and packaging workers, completes repair requests and logs into the tracking system.
- Prepares maintenance reports by collecting, and summarizing information and trends and submits to the Maintenance Manager.
- Logs repair, maintenance, and diagnostic activities in a weekly journal. Reviews maintenance logs weekly to determine preventative maintenance activities for the week.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations for both general safety and food safety, quality, and legality.
- Assists with the development of standard operating procedures for new product and process introductions including pre and post-launch testing.
- Participates and supports Kiva’s food safety, quality assurance program
To qualify for the Maintenance Technician role you will need...
- High School Diploma and/or 3 – 5 years related field experience or education including construction, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems repairs.
- California Driver’s license Class C with record acceptable to Company insurance provider
- Strong skills in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and general troubleshooting.
- Ability to read and understand manuals, SOPs, blueprints, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic diagrams.
- Ability to define problems, make recommendations and draw conclusions.
- Good communication, facilitation, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple issues and projects
- Ability to operate a forklift, powered pallet jack, and pallet jack
- Strong computer skills, able to use various computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow safety rules and work safely
- Ability to work productively alone and as a member of a team
- Exhibit a high sense of personal integrity and high personal standards of performance
Physical requirements of the role...
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and controls when doing repairs and installations
- Reach with hands and arms, grasp objects, push/pull equipment weighing 30 pounds
- Rotate the wrist, and use finger dexterity while using tools, writing or keyboarding
- Lift 10 to 30 pounds from ground to the waist and/or shoulder height, and carry for a distance of 10 to 40 feet on a smooth floor;
- Talk and hear in person;
- Walk for a distance of 10 to 50 feet on various surfaces including floors, sidewalks, and roads up to 3 hours a day;
- Twist the upper body while performing repairs and installations
- Bend to hold in place or retrieve items;
- Sit up to 2 hours per day while driving or sitting at a desk
- Maneuver around, under, and on top of various types of equipment
- Lift 40 to 50 pounds from ground to the waist and/or shoulder height, and carry for a distance of 10 to 40 feet on smooth floor;
- Stand in place on a smooth floor for intermittently up to 1 hour a day
- Climb stairs, ladders, step stools.
- Kneel while making repairs or installing equipment;
- Squat while making repairs or installing equipment.
- Perform repairs standing on top of commercial ovens, platforms, lifts, and other industrial equipment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
$30.47 - $37.26 an hour
We consider a number of factors such as internal pay parity, relevant experience/skills, geographic location, etc.
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers
Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information
Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History
Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information
Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.