Kiva Manufacturing Inc. – Operations
Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is the premier cannabis-infused edibles company in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and skillfully combined with California cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal is to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science to ensure a deliciously consistent experience every time, we continue to deliver on that mission today.
We have aggressive growth plans as the legal market, and consumer adoption continues to expand. Key growth initiatives include bold platform innovation, best in class marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this explosive growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
The Plant Manager will coordinate and run all day to day activities at our Oakland manufacturing facility; overseeing staffing, inventory, production, and operations. This key contributor will ensure that all products are produced to Kiva’s best in class standards, at the right inventory levels and in the most cost-effective way to help drive the team forward toward a higher level of operational excellence.
This job is for you, if...
- You are an inspirational and inclusive leader that is committed to excellence, both in your work and the work of your team
- You are an exceptional coach and mentor that likes a fast-paced, high growth environment
- You are not looking to do the same thing each and every day, and are comfortable with ever-changing priorities
- You have an exceedingly high personal standard of integrity and expect the same of your team
- You lead by example with kindness, but balance it with an equal measure of accountability
- You love puzzles and don’t shy away from a challenge and don’t get bogged down by difficulty
- You are equal parts analytical and compassionate
As the Kiva Plant Manager, you will...
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing operations including product assembly and manufacturing, final inspection, and warehousing to ensure products are delivered on-time and meet Kiva’s specifications
- Establish new and maintain existing KPI’s to meet quality and cost standards
- Establish plans, budgets, and KPI’s; allocate resources; review progress and make mid-course corrections
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of operations including, cost, throughput, safety, security, and quality.
- Work closely with the Director of FSQA and FSQA managers to ensure compliance with all relevant QA/QC standards for all plant activities, which include FDA, local and state, GFSI and all other cannabis regulatory bodies.
- Develop and improve personnel through effective hiring, training, performance evaluations, and discipline as needed
- Develop staff and help them expand their capabilities to work independently and take on new challenges and tasks
- Maintain positive employee relationships and communications with the workforce to support a work culture of high employee engagement
- Manage and develop the production team by conducting regularly scheduled meetings, timely performance reviews and effectively resolve performance issues and celebrate team members through recognition
- Work closely with the Inventory Control Manager to manage production schedules, work instructions, and production inventories
- Assist the Inventory Control Manager in formulating and executing production schedules
- Understand and provide leadership support for a high-end safety and secure environment
- Work with the Maintenance Manager to ensure equipment is maintained and coordinate repairs
- Assess equipment operating reliability and perform routine repairs, adjustments, and malfunction troubleshooting
What we're looking for...
- Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant operations experience in a food manufacturing setting is required
- Proven work experience in managing a manufacturing team, reducing cost and improving efficiency while maintaining and improving morale is required
- Must have previous work experience managing a manufacturing process, materials and production control, manufacturing engineering, and staff supervision
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate employees in a team-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal and (written/verbal) communication skills required
- GFSI certification is strongly desired
- Experience in cannabis is a plus but not required
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment is preferred
- Regularly works around moving mechanical parts within the manufacturing facilities.
- Noise level may be loud at times.
- Must be able to move objects, and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- Ability to travel between both manufacturing facilities is required.
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers
Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information
Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History
Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information
Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.