Oakland, Ca /
Kiva Manufacturing Inc. – Operations /
Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is the premier cannabis-infused edibles company in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and skillfully combined with California cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal is to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science to ensure a deliciously consistent experience every time, we continue to deliver on that mission today.
We have aggressive growth plans as the legal market, and consumer adoption continues to expand. Key growth initiatives include bold platform innovation, best in class marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this explosive growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
The demand planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with Kiva products. This includes creating and maintaining SKU forecasts by using forecast models and incorporating business intelligence gathered from our key partners (sales, marketing, finance), historical information, and other sources. The demand planner oversees forecasts for both finished good inventory as well as supply forecasts for raw materials and packaging components.
This is the job for you, if…
- You are interested in a meaningful job at a growing cannabis company in Oakland where you will work on a variety of supply chain projects.
- You’ve been told that you are scrappy, a progressive roll up the sleeves, get stuff done type of person
- You are organized, thoughtful, and analytical
- You’ve been called an overachiever
- You are calculated, prepared, and take measured risks
- You have very strong communication skills
As a Kiva Demand Planner, you'll...
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Create and manage the monthly SOP processes with key departments
- Develop multiple planning scenarios and create a picture of low, medium, and high demand.
- Use statistical analysis, historical shipment trends, and demand assumptions to refine the demand forecast
- Maintain and report KPI’s such as forecast accuracy, in-stocks/out of stocks, on time delivery etc.
- Design supply plan and monitor inventory for all Kiva owned raw materials and packaging components
- Develop, track and refine supply related KPIs; provide data and analytics to help drive the business forward
- Highlight shortages in a timely manner with a resolution action plan
- Highlight tools or process gaps that need to be addressed
- Determine and set planning parameters within the MRP system – safety stock, lead time, lot sizes, time fences – based on various inputs gathered from the supplier
- Work with suppliers to negotiate MOQ, pricing, and lead times
- Execute supply planning related to product launches and transitions
- Use statistical analysis to determine reorder points, safety stock, and optimal inventory carrying costs
What we’re looking for…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years in master scheduling, forecasting, procurement and/or planning
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, h-lookups)
- Strong analytical abilities, including strong mathematical abilities and extensive spreadsheet analysis
- APICS/ASCM Certification Preferred
- Experience with MRP functionality
- Experience managing forecasts within excel
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics such as turns, WOS, margin contributions, etc.
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to think creatively to find practical solutions to complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers
Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information
Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History
Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information
Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.