Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (Manufacturing FP&A)
Kiva Brands – Finance /
Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is a world-class cannabis-infused edibles company in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, Lost Farms Gummies & Chews, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and thoughtfully combined with California cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal has been to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science, we ensure a deliciously consistent experience.
We have high-reaching growth plans as the legal market and consumer adoption expand. Key growth initiatives include ambitious platform innovation, outstanding marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this spectacular growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
Kiva Brands is seeking a Senior Financial Planning Manager to support Kiva Brands and Kiva Manufacturing through reporting and analytics on the financial performance of existing and future business. The Sr Manager, FP&A will develop a strong understanding of company operations and drivers of cash flow and provide insightful analyses and projections. More specifically this position will work in collaboration with the divisional finance leadership in providing direct hands-on support to the Head of FP&A in reporting, data analytics, analyzing trends and variances, tracking KPIs, management dashboards, and analysis to support strategic business decisions relating to Kiva’s Operations.
As Kiva's Sr. Manager of FP&A and Cash Flow, you will...
- Prepares and ensures the accuracy of monthly, quarterly, and annual working capital and cash flow reporting for internal and external partners
- Leverage accounting systems & business model to ensure accurate and proper presentation of cash flows
- Develops modeling tools to support critical decision-making and guide strategic approach around working capital and cash flow
- Owns, defines, and articulates, through detailed financial modeling and presentation, the impacts of capital considerations and hedging strategies
- Drive value-analysis initiatives, translating ideas into business drivers and facilitating awareness of impacts across operational areas to encourage implementation success
- Work in collaboration with the operations, sales, and finance teams in the various business divisions to understand the business structure, business model, pricing and cost/spend components of products to provide appropriate reporting and analytics
- Work collaboratively with functional business leaders by assisting through the re forecasting process as well as assisting in building decks for presentation purposes - Kiva crafts an annual budget and re forecasts on a quarterly basis
- Help support and supervise the identified and implemented Key Performance Indicators (critical metrics) for the companies brands to promote timely effective decision making
- Craft monthly business unit reporting package(s) and participate in monthly business reviews
- Provide analytical support at monthly reviews focused to each business unit (i.e. manufacturing and corporate)
- Build a collaborative working relationship and become one of the financial business partner with divisional and corporate leadership to support management and business unit reporting for Kiva’s operations
- Perform ad-hoc financial/quantitative analysis and various reporting, financial modeling, and business operations requests
- Build and maintain SOP’s for all FP&A related activities
- Provide effective, appropriate financial management support
- Provide performance reporting and variance analysis to budgets and forecasts
- Provide effective support to the Head of FP&A in all data collection and extraction to support strategic decisions
- Analyze efficient solutions based on weighing the advantages and disadvantages of alternative approaches
- Uses financial data in making recommendations or decisions
What we're looking for...
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a related quantitative field required
- 5 to 7 years of FP&A, with experience of cash flow and working capital planning and analysis within a corporate FP&A department of a large company, preferably Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) background. Experience in manufacturing finance strongly preferred.
- Strong financial competence including experience with management reporting, variance analysis and other analyst support functions in forecasting and budgeting
- Required: Strong understanding of financial documents (emphasis on cash & working capital) for both review and modeling purposes
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills!
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse priorities and produce high quality results!
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting systems and methodologies
- Sophisticated skills in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with Intacct or other accounting / ERP / FP&A planning systems
- Communication skills of explaining sophisticated data topics to non-experts (i.e. sales, production, supply chain, manufacturing, and other non-finance business divisions)
- Proficient in Tableau - BI Reporting Tool and/or MS SQL ideal
- Strong experience working with large-scale datasets and multiple tasks or projects simultaneously
$140,000 - $165,000 a year
Please note, we consider a number of factors such as internal pay parity, relevant experience/skills, geographic location, etc.
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers
Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information
Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History
Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information
Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.