Part-Time After-School Instructor
Mountain View, CA /
Part-Time Instructor /
KiwiCo is an innovative e-commerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service. We design and deliver awesome hands-on projects to kids. We also manage an e-commerce storefront and content platform. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids, we serve. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance to the Caltrain station.
For this position, you must be able to work in-person and part-time from March - June on Tuesdays from 3:00pm - 5:00pm PST in Mountain View and Palo Alto, CA.
At KiwiCo, our mission is to inspire the next generation of innovators and problem solvers by delivering enriching, hands-on, STEAM projects to spark creativity and curiosity.
Do you love encouraging young students to make connections about the real world and have “Whoa, Awesome!” moments? After-School Instructors bring KiwiCo’s kid-tested and seriously fun STEAM experiences to life in the enrichment classroom.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Instruct a group of 10-20 lower elementary students, with KiwiCo’s enrichment curriculum and project-based materials.
- Collaborate with KiwiCo to provide feedback after each teaching session to continually improve and refine the KiwiCo teaching experience.
- Participate in professional development and ongoing coaching.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Experience working in schools, after-school programs, supplementary learning programs, or with K-8th grade children in another capacity; Early Childhood Development Units is a plus.
- Ability to work in-person and part-time March - June on Tuesdays 3-5pm in Mountain View and Palo Alto
- Must have a reliable car to transport yourself and learning materials.
- Must be available for onboarding sessions in March.
- Must be TB tested and fingerprinted for background checks before starting this role.
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
For the health and safety of our employees, proof of Covid -19 vaccination will be required for all employees who will be at KiwiCo Mountain View. KiwiCo will make reasonable accommodations to this policy for sincerely held religious beliefs and medical reasons on a case-by-case basis. This will not impact the consideration of your candidacy.