Staff Data Analyst
Mountain View, CA
KiwiCo is an innovative e-commerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service. We design and deliver awesome hands-on projects to kids. We also manage an e-commerce storefront and content platform. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance to the Caltrain station. Currently, we work a hybrid schedule of Tuesday and Wednesday in-office and remote work the rest of the week.
KiwiCo is looking for an experienced Staff Data Analyst, reporting to the Director of Data Science & Analytics, to join a growing team of data staff creating business impact through data-driven insights. In this role you will be responsible for driving the strategy and creating change by leveraging your technical skills to identify opportunities across the company.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with senior leaders to understand business objectives, identify opportunities, and develop data-driven strategies aligned with our overall goals
- Lead the analyses to derive insights and actionable recommendations that support strategic decision-making
- Provide thought leadership and guidance on best practices, ensuring the organization stays at the forefront of industry trends
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, effectively communicating analytical findings and recommendations to drive consensus and action
- Drive the development of data models, reporting dashboards, experimentation and visualizations that provide meaningful insights to the whole organization
- Champion a data-driven culture by promoting the use of analytics across different teams and functions, and facilitating knowledge sharing and training initiatives
- Stay abreast of advancements in methodologies, tools, and technologies, and make recommendations for their application within the organization
- Mentor and coach junior data analysts, fostering their growth and supporting their professional development
The Right Fit:
- Bachelor's Degree (Master’s degree or higher preferred) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related fields
- 6+ years of experience in data science, analytics or engineering roles (preferably at a scaling company)
- Expertise in relational database modeling and implementation using SQL (Python is a plus)
- Expertise in experimentation methodologies and implementation
- Experience with visualization tools for reporting such as Looker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate a high level of professionalism
- Experience with presenting complex analyses to leadership and non-technical stakeholders
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
For the health and safety of our employees, proof of Covid -19 vaccination will be required for all employees who will be at KiwiCo Mountain View. KiwiCo will make reasonable accommodations to this policy for sincerely held religious beliefs and medical reasons on a case-by-case basis. This will not impact the consideration of your candidacy.