Service Operation PM (Project Manager) (日文精通)
Product & Development
Are you interested in how a video streaming service is built and operated in native cloud environment? Are you interested in how different industry utilize streaming technology to build OTT service (imagine a Netflix-liked OTT service) that helps monetize existing content business? If yes, then you’re the person we’re seeking for!
You’ll be responsible for planning and designing service operation features / architecture, co-work with product development PM to delivery a high quality OTT service with excellent service stability and operation efficiency.
You’ll work with internal BDs, development PMs and engineering teams consists of streaming engineers, software developers, site reliability engineers, and operation optimization specialists. With all the supports from business and engineering site, you will plan and discuss service operation key features that meet customer’s requirement and keep them satisfied about streaming service quality. If you’re passionate on how stream technology meets the media industry and step into new OTT era, you’re the one we’re looking for.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the initiation, planning and execution of service operation features of projects base on business objectives. Co-work with development PM and RD leaders to design in and build in operation features when developing a streaming service.
* Define service operation roadmap. Prioritize service backlog and find the balance among development efforts, operation efficiency, good user experience, our company strategy, client’s business goal and technical trends / limitations.
* Manage operation spec, definition of done, and schedule. Drive team member to deliver project on time without severe quality concern, by identifying potential risks during execution, and ensuring everyone get necessary resources to achieve project goals.
* Build up knowledge and expertise in OTT industry.
* EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience.
* EXPERIENCE: 3+ years of software Product Management experience, with experience in working with cross-functional teams.
* Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team. Experience working cross-functionally and driving stakeholders to achieve a common goal.
* Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills in Japanese.
* Moderate English oral/written communication skills.
* Ability and willingness to travel for work purposes.