Staff Backend Engineer (Video Streaming)
KKStream is part of the KKBOX group. KKStream combines technology with market-leading OTT solution to provide cloud-based streaming service for millions of users all around the world.
We operate in Taipei, Kaohsiung and Tokyo. We partner with Telecoms, Cable/MSOs and content providers, enable them with the latest OTT technologies, including but not limited to encoding, big data analytics, recommendation, cloud-based scalable service, flexible and friendly user experience.
We are a create team with much energy to dive in anything claimed impossible. New ideas are constantly submitted and a challenge of status quo in order to achieve our goals is our model.
We are looking for a backend staff engineer to help us to:
- Build and lead a product development team of 3~4 engineers of backend engineers to build a scalable and stable service
- Hands on service development and provide guidance to team members to inspire their technical growth.
- Facilitate and continuously refine software agile development process,
- Cooperate with different teams to synchronize product priorities and development effort.
- Collaborate with business, product, quality assurance and SRE teams to achieve product visions and business goals.
- 5+ years experience building software backend services
- 2+ years in AWS
- Experience leading a team delivering software projects as a technical leader (Mobile Application, Web Service or Backend Service)
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related working experiences
- Strong technical competency of backend development
- Experience in Agile development process. i.e. Scrum, Kanban
- Desire to push the limits, figure things out, and lack of fear of the unknown
- Good communication skill and team-work spirit