Account Manager (Tokyo)
Product & Development
Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for communicative candidate who is passionate about our products and proactive in engaging with customers, as you’ll be connecting to customers through day-to-day communications & helping them grow!
Depending on the project scope, you’ll manage OTT streaming service for one to multiple partners yearly, engaging through multiple skills, being a proponent of our products, support in trouble-shooting, sharing inputs from client’s perspective, and working with internal teams to figure out the appropriate solutions to achieve balance between internal resources & customer’s needs.
You will be expected to use your knowledge of content delivery ecosystem and software project management skills to understand customer needs, discuss & negotiate requirements, and share those with internal teams Business Development, Project Managers, Tech managers, Designers, and other stakeholders, to find the best solutions to achieve mutual business goals. Hence, you’ll be communicating in multiple languages 60/20/20% Japanese, Chinese, and English, and having exceptional communication, customer rapport, negotiation, and problem-solving skills will be essential in succeeding in this role!
* Serve as the lead point of contact for customers to understand their needs and deliver our product value
* Strive to build, strengthen, keep long-lasting customer relationships by understanding their requirements and respond with the right quality of service
* Manage partner expectations and ensure requests can be fulfilled by our module and reasonable customization
* Reach agreement with partner on feature list, customization, and roadmap to align with partner’s business goals while meeting company goals
* Project risk assessment, to ensure partners receive requested products and services according to proposed timelines
* Develop trusted advisor relationships with customers by working with internal teams to keep customers informed on solutions which can help their business.
* Negotiate contracts and quotations with clients to maximize profit
* 3+ years of work experience as a Sales Account Manager, Account Manager, Product Manager, or relevant role, with a background in building and shipping software or cloud service (video/music streaming or digital entertainment experience is a plus)
* Have experience working with external partners & cross-functional teams for B2B2C business, delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
* Demonstrates excellent verbal & written communication and project management skills; a listener & negotiator, a presenter, and a people-person
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced (agile workflow) and demanding environment, with a track record of working independently, having project prioritization skills and being detail oriented.
* Have a customer centered approach to work activities, while balancing internal roadmap & resources, with good negotiation and communication skills to come to consensus among various stakeholders with ability to reach balance between customization and modularization.
* Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to follow-through on contracts & quotations
* Proficient in spoken and written Japanese, English, and Mandarin