Video Engineer: Adaptive Streaming
KKStream is a KKBOX branch established in 2016 serving as the foremost video streaming solution provider in Asia. We provide scalable video platforms and enterprise solutions, now applied by companies including au, Japan and KKTV, Taiwan.
KKStream's culture is to highlight creativity and energetic personalities, where our people are encouraged to submit new ideas, challenge the status quo and are given the opportunity and support to achieve their full potential. We also encourage a healthy work-life balance. We are looking for a talented problem solver, who is willing to grow with us, and to help developing client-side application for our product lines.
Role and Responsibilities
- We're looking for video engineer/scientist to work closely with us to provide stable and flexible adaptive streaming service. You will build pipeline with adaptive streaming specifications, including MPEG-DASH, HLS and Smooth Streaming. Furthermore, you may even participate in associated communities, ex DASH-IF or Streaming Media West, to connect our team to the world. With our release of video streaming service, you will be in charge of all adaptive streaming techniques. What are you waiting for?!
- Researching DASH, HLS, Smooth Streaming and/or future adaptive streaming specifications, and then provide education on these techniques.
- Building pipeline for DASH/HLS/MSS packaging on the cloud platform.
- Quantifying playback performance metrics of adaptive streaming.
- Partnering with internal teams to troubleshoot problem adaptive streaming
- 2+ years of relevant multimedia software development experience.
- Knowledge of multimedia technologies, including container, codec and/or subtitle formats.
- Experience with open-source packaging tools such as FFmpeg and GPAC.
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of high-level scripts, like Python, Ruby or Perl, for automated processing flow.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of adaptive streaming techniques, including DASH, Smooth Streaming and HLS.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with visualization tools to represent statistics.