Backend Engineer (Video Streaming)
KKStream is part of the KKBOX group. KKStream combines technology with market-leading OTT solution to provide cloud-based streaming service in Asia. Our culture is to highlight creativity and energetics where our people are encouraged to submit new ideas, challenge the status quo and are given the opportunity and support to achieve their full potential. We also encourage a healthy work-life balance. We are looking for a talented problem solver, who is willing to grow with us, and to help developing client-side application for our product lines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop systems for large scale video streaming services.
- Refactor and improve the original system with team members to pursue serverless architecture or microservices to prevent valuable developers from infrastructure burden or dev-op constraints.
- Coordinate with and represent KKStream service team to other vendors, including discussion, API-level work, and data processing.
- 1~3+ years solid experience
- Good knowledge of version control with Git
- Familiar with Unix-like environment and working style.
- Self-motivated problem-solving skills and attitudes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- NoSQL, like MongoDB, DynamoDB or CouchDB, is a plus.
- Cloud platform development, like AWS or GCP, is a big plus.
- Distributed programming technologies/experience is the way we are looking for.