Senior Mechanical Engineer
Research & Development
At Klaris Diagnostics, we’re tackling antibiotic resistance, named by the CDC as one of the biggest public health challenges of our time. We use AI and single-cell analysis to quickly recognize the bacteria causing an infection and to predict which drugs will cure the infection, even if it is multi-drug-resistant.
But we’re not just invested in combating antibiotic resistance; we’re also invested in our people. Our team is brought together by a shared passion for our mission to cure and prevent antibiotic-resistant infections, improving one of the world's most important health decisions. We're committed to continuous learning, collaboration, and supporting one another. At Klaris, each voice matters, and we welcome diverse perspectives and healthy debate.
Klaris is looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer who is passionate about cross-discipline collaboration to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing mechanical systems and working with the rest of our team to build best-in-class diagnostic products.
As a part of the Research and Development team, you'll deliver reliable, insightful and actionable results to contribute to developing next generation anti-microbial susceptibility in vitro diagnostic products and technologies. In this key role, you will generate timely and effective solutions to achieve technical milestones as you engage and collaborate with colleagues.
How You Will Contribute
- Design, build, test, and maintain mechanical assemblies related to the Klaris instrument platform and pilot consumable manufacturing line.
- Generate data, present results, and summarize conclusions to a multi-disciplinary, technical team.
- Assume responsibility for timely completion of projects consistent with the project critical path.
- Effectively adjust to changing priorities.
We'd Love to Hear From You If
- You embrace our mission.
- You flourish in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment with relentless initiative.
- You possess the ability to breakdown a problem into its fundamental components to devise rational solutions.
- You're passionate about using mechanical engineering to make the world better.
- You consistently demonstrate mechanical aptitude in design, fabrication and troubleshooting.
- You have an outstanding work ethic and passion for multi-disciplinary product development.
- You combine a thorough understanding of engineering principles with analytical rigor to innovate at the intersection of mechanical, electrical, and software engineering, chemistry, and microbiology.
- You are self-motivated and capable of working independently.
- You are an excellent communicator and enjoy collaborating with others.
- You have demonstrated experience in most key skills and strong desire to learn others.
- Mechanical component/assembly design in Solidworks, print generation, BOM management, GD&T, and tolerance analysis.
- Integration, test, and troubleshooting of complex systems, involving electronically controlled mechanisms, thermals, pneumatics, and imaging systems.
- Software development for embedded systems control, including high-level Python scripting, user interface, and low-level microcontroller-based code.
Experience in the Following Areas a Plus
- Mechanism design,
- Linkage analysis,
- Sheet metal design,
- Medical device design (consumable or instrument), or
- Industrial design.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- 6+ years of professional experience in the field.
We're excited for what you can bring to our team. Here are a few things we provide to make sure you have a great experience. Learn more about our team by visiting our website.
* Health insurance
* Unlimited PTO
* Transparent leadership
* Career development
* The opportunity to make a global impact and pioneer consequential solutions
* A library of educational materials
We value diversity on our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.