Research & Development
At Klaris Diagnostics, we’re tackling antibiotic resistance, named by the CDC as one of the biggest public health challenges of our time. We use AI and single-cell analysis to quickly recognize the bacteria causing an infection and to predict which drugs will cure the infection, even if it is multi-drug-resistant.
But we’re not just invested in combating antibiotic resistance; we’re also invested in our people. Our team is brought together by a shared passion for our mission to cure and prevent antibiotic-resistant infections, improving one of the world's most important health decisions. We're committed to continuous learning, collaboration, and supporting one another. At Klaris, each voice matters, and we welcome diverse perspectives and healthy debate.
Klaris is looking for a passionate Electromechanical Technician to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting our Hardware team by assembling, repairing, and upgrading instruments, fixtures, and lab equipment. As a part of the Hardware team in the Research and Development department, you'll contribute to developing next generation anti-microbial susceptibility in vitro diagnostic products and technologies.
You're a mission-driven person who flourishes in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. In your DNA is initiative taking. You possess the ability to break a problem into its fundamental components to devise rational solutions. Insightful and self-motivated, you have an outstanding work ethic and passion for multi-disciplinary product development.
How You Will Contribute
- Assemble, disassemble, upgrade, repair, and test electromechanical systems.
- Assist with and perform testing and calibration of components, sub-assemblies and systems.
- Document work and maintain system history.
- Assist with procurement and tracking of inventory.
- Support other technical staff members in debugging problems and accomplishing projects.
- Other related functions as assigned.
- In 90 days, you will:
- Own much of the work for disassembly and assembly of our instruments and test fixtures;
- Run and interpret basic instrument tests with little guidance;
- Display ownership of the mechanical lab including organizing and maintaining; and
- Perform some modification or fabrication of parts.
- In 6 months: you will contribute to instrument or fixture design.
We'd Love to Hear From You If You
- Are highly skilled in the operation, maintenance and construction of mechanical systems that include electrical components
- Understand systematic troubleshooting
- Can interpret documentation like assembly drawings, CAD models, cable drawings, electrical schematics and Bills of Materials to execute assembly, repair and procurement tasks
- Are highly proficient in the use of basic hand and bench tools, multimeters, calipers and drill presses
- Have experience with basic shop chemicals and understand the use of corresponding Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Can use word processing and spreadsheet programs to keep records of work done and communicate results
You're an Even Stronger Candidate if You Know How to Use
- Standard machine shop equipment such as mills, lathes, surface plates and dial indicators
- Mechanical and Electrical CAD tools like Solidworks and Altium
- A scripting language like Python to test hardware
Key Personal Characteristics
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Communicate clearly and thoroughly
- Display ownership and initiative
- Effective time management
- Collaborative team member that makes progress independently
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree in Applied Science, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology or similar and/or Certificate in Technical trade preferred.
- Minimum 2 years total (1 or more years formal) experience in assembly-related technical trade. 5 years preferred.
- Experience working with SDS/MSDS with shop chemicals and corresponding PPE.
- Industry certifications in CAD software, repair or construction techniques are a plus.
- Standard office conditions
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- Use of manual dexterity
- May work around chemicals and chemical fumes
- May work around electrical and mechanical hazards
- Will be exposed to high levels of noise at times
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
We're excited for what you can bring to our team. Here are a few things we provide to make sure you have a great experience. Learn more about our team by visiting our website.
* Health insurance
* Unlimited PTO
* Transparent leadership
* Career development
* The opportunity to make a global impact and pioneer consequential solutions
* A library of educational materials
We value diversity on our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.