Senior Analyst - Fraud
New York City, United States /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Analytics at Klarna is divided into several teams with their unique responsibilities. One of these teams is our Fraud Strategy Team, which focuses on the continuous improvement of our fraud real-time decisioning for every transaction processed by Klarna. E-Commerce is changing quickly and so do the patterns of fraud. Our Analysts aim to identify these patterns with the help of manual and automated tools to protect our business, merchants and consumers from any fraud related losses and risks.
Location: New York City OR Columbus, OH
What you'll do:
- Use statistical analysis tools and techniques to develop automated fraud detection and real-time decisioning strategies.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to build and implement fraud pattern models.
- Work with other teams and competences across the business (particularly Engineering, Product and Commercial) to devise robust fraud strategies for new products and markets.
- Create, test and monitor new fraud tools and strategies from scratch.
- Work on proof of concepts involving new technologies and proactively seek out vendor and internal solutions to fraud problems.
- Ensure metrics and strategies are fit for purpose in terms of the current fraud environment and emerging threats.
- Work closely with the investigations team to understand threats and develop mitigations.
- Communicate and involve stakeholders to respond to any fraud related incidents as the first touchpoint for Legal, Sales, Engineering, Data Science and other partners.
- Act as a trainer and consultant for our internal and external stakeholders.
Who you are:
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive who enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level!
- At Klarna we embrace change, we appreciate when you challenge the status quo and are persistent.
- We are looking for someone ready to lead a team.
You should have:
- 3 to 7 years of relevant experience in analytics.
- Solid analytical thinking abilities, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in SQL with the ability to analyze large quantities of data with statistical analysis tools.
- Experience in the entire Analytics lifecycle, from requirements gathering, data extraction, manipulation and analysis to sharing insights and advising on decision making as well as implementing changes.
- Excellent track record in optimizing business performance and identifying gaps in business strategy, with a focus on financial services, ideally fraud.
- Understanding of the underlying business and the need of calibration to reach the agreed balance between risk and revenue
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills.
- Passion for learning and teaching others about fraud.
- A university degree in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Science, Engineering, Mathematics)
You might also have:
- Experience of decision systems, including rule/strategy implementation and testing is preferred.
- Experience from working with Fraud, ideally within finance/payments and the retail industry.
- Knowledge of external fraud data sources and use cases to prevent fraud.
- An understanding for how to perform data extraction and manipulation in multiple programming languages is a plus (Python, R, MatLab, Java, C# etc…).
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.