Columbus, United States
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Analytics at Klarna is divided into many teams, all with their own unique responsibilities. However, there are some commonalities - they consist of highly driven people with a combination of analytical skills and a great team spirit. In general, some things you would potentially be doing:
- Designing and implementing strategies in a rapidly evolving industry.
- Pro-actively and effectively communicating with various stakeholders, discussing the root cause of trends, assessing their impact and proposing solutions/optimizations.
- Supporting wider business objectives by providing analytical expertise on new products and system developments and collaborating closely with other teams where relevant.
- Delivering ad-hoc data analysis to support risk mitigation and control environment.
- Developing as a professional in an entrepreneurial organization that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest.
- Using analytical tools (e.g. SQL, Excel, R) to analyze data and problem solve with the end goal of detecting trends and making decisions.
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. Since you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce the best work results. At Klarna we embrace change; you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- A degree from a university in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or a Business field.
- Applicable work experience.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- Significant drive and ambition.
- Strong conceptual ability.
- Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving.
- An understanding for how to perform data extraction and manipulation, as well as programming languages is a plus (SQL, R, Python, MatLab, Java, C# etc.).
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.