Senior Treasury Back Office Specialist
Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna’s Treasury is responsible for providing Klarna with the right amount of funding and capital to grow at light speed at the same time as managing the liquidity and financial risks. To manage liquidity and financial risk we carry out daily transactions in the FX and fixed income market. We are also issuing bonds and commercial papers. We are now taking off to the next level adding more advanced financial instruments. We need you to develop our Back Office function.
Today back office tasks are spread out between different teams within Treasury. Settlement of bonds and bills are also outsourced to an external party. The aim is to create a centralized, future proof and reliable back office function within the Treasury domain.
What will you do
- You will lead the development of our back office function. For us back office is much more than reconciliation. You will be our expert in collateral management, settlement and clearing. You will also play an important role in our relationship with existing and new counterparties when we add new and more advanced financial instruments and clearing. You will also be a part of the team conducting the daily tasks.
- Develop the Treasury back office function including routines and procedures
- Settlement of bonds and bills
- Daily collateral management for FX and derivatives
- Responsible for all communication with back office at counterparties
- Responsible for custody
- Be a part of the team daily routines
At Treasury you will work with
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should enjoy a dynamic and international working environment
- You have strong attention to detail while not forgetting the overall strategy
- Humble and easy going personality that thrives in an open environment
- You love to be a part of a dedicated team and open to new ideas
- You strive to find what is best for Klarna
- At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent
You should have
- You possess a university degree within engineering, economics or finance and have a strong interest in the financial markets and how they work.
- Applicable 5 years- work experience from working in a back office function for fixed income investments, derivatives and FX
- Previous experience from automation of processes in the back office field of work
- Previous experience from agreements such as CSA, GMRA, ISDA and agreements with global custodians and clearing houses
Do you recognize yourself in the text? Do you want to be a part of disrupting the idea of banking and paving the smoooth way for customers and merchants alike? Apply with resumé or CV.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.