Berlin, Germany /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Do you want to be part of an international, growing Compliance team, working for one of Europe’s largest FinTech/disrupter-banks, that wants to revolutionize the financial industry? Klarna is looking for new members to strengthen the Compliance Team.
General working experience (2-6 years) within the financial services sector; legal education and experience is a requirement; and most importantly – you should be passionate about compliance.
Specific experience is desirable with:
* payment services and systems
* consumer credit, financing and lending
* financial crime risk (including AML/CTF, ABC and fraud) and/or PSDII & open banking – considered highly qualifying)
* experience with FinTech firms – also considered advantageous.
Furthermore, you need to have excellent English language skills for any location; you additionally need to have good German language skills if based in Berlin or Munich.
You will be part of the Compliance Team, so it is important that you have the ability to prioritize and be comfortable with working independently, but also with others in the team and around the business. You should have integrity, be ambitious, proactive and action oriented, and be an excellent communicator.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and regularly control that Klarna is complying with external rules and Klarna’s internal rules;
- Responsibility for SAR reporting and ensuring that information is provided to the Financial Intelligence Unit in the manner stipulated;
- Act as the central liaison with regard to Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing between Klarna and the local financial services authority, Police and any other relevant authorities and law enforcement agencies including complying with court orders and other orders imposed by the authorities, and to act cooperatively and responsibly in this manner;
- Provide advice and support to Klarna’s employees, contractors and other persons involved in its activities regarding AML/CTF in a similar capacity;
- Establish and maintain adequate arrangements for awareness and training in relation to AML/CTF;
- Control and regularly assess whether common internal rules and procedures to prevent the business being used for Money Laundering or Terrorist Financing are appropriate and effective;
- Provide recommendations to the relevant stakeholders based on the observations made;
- Ensure coordination with the other MLROs in the Group;
- Sharing knowledge and educating on regulatory requirements in local jurisdiction, thus contributing to ongoing competence throughout Klarna by providing information and training; andPreventing and identifying other compliance risks.
Other activities may also include:
- supporting the Compliance Team in their activities, including administration and communication with regulators (e.g. registering regulatory engagement, and preparing regulatory notifications and reports) and coordination (e.g. obtaining responses to regulatory requests for information)
- creating and updating guidelines, policies, instructions and routines within the compliance field
- monitoring regulatory developments within Klarna’s business areas
- interpreting and implementing new and modified regulations
- advising the business on all compliance related matters
- sharing knowledge and educating on regulatory requirements, and contributing to ongoing competence throughout Klarna by providing information and training
- tracking and reviewing Klarna’s adherence to regulations and ensuring good compliance governance within the business
- preventing and identifying compliance risks, and preparing risk analyses
- taking part in development projects for new products and services
- preparing, implementing, and maintaining compliance plans
- preparing and coordinating internal and external reports.
Please send in your application in English. Please be advised that applications that are not in English can not be considered.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.