Engineering Manager - DevOps & Automation
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Who we are - Developer Services
Our goal is to enable Klarna’s engineers to build features at scale with the security and reliability that you should expect from a modern bank. We understand that the best way to do this is to empower Klarna’s engineers by providing great tooling and services to support best practices with a minimal amount of effort. We believe that the best solutions involve not just automation or configuration as code but also a deep understanding of how a developer might want things to work.
In practical terms this means paying attention to details that make the developer’s experience better and constantly evaluating whether we’ve found the right balance between making a developer’s job easier and enabling them to own their solutions. We are looking for passionate engineering managers to join us.
Impact you can have on our teams:
- Creating libraries and tooling to enable seamless integration of services we use - AWS, Datadog, Sentry, Jenkins, etc.
- Providing an easy to use and secure platform for container orchestration built on ECS
- Identifying and building solutions that raise the level of quality across an organisation of 1,000+ engineers - from well-supported build pipelines to best-in-class observability. Ultimately, success here will drive better experiences for our over 10M consumers, 100,000 merchants operating in 14 countries.
- Automating processes within cloud operations, security configuration, account management, cost optimisations, etc.
You may have the following experiences:
- Experience with general software development with a passion for automation.
- Use of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. The tool is less important - experiences and a mindset to try/execute CI/CD pipelines at scale is key.
- Hands-on experience with containers and related technologies.
- Experience with cloud providers, preferably AWS.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tooling and a matching mindset.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world. We’re a team of technically curious problem solvers. Come and join us. We value open source, here’s some of our work - https://github.com/klarna
Interested in finding out more?
Send over a CV or LinkedIn profile in English and let's arrange a chat.