Lead Engineer - Individual contributor track - Java
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Software Development is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Software Engineering teams to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for developing next-generation products that improve our consumers and merchants experiences.
Klarna’s software engineers develop the next-generation products that change how our consumers and merchants interact with each other. Our products handle our customers money and information at massive scale, and extend well beyond online payments. We need our engineers to understand our customers, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
What you will do
- Work on a specific problem space critical to Klarna’s current needs with opportunities to switch teams as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve
- Bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, large-scale system design, data storage/processing, security, artificial intelligence, UI design and mobile development
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organisation that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest
- Use state of the art technology to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve, you own the full life-cycle of your code - you write it, you own it!
- Share your knowledge and help the team evolve best practices
- Work in small autonomous teams with short release cycles
You should have
- Extensive experience one or more general purpose programming languages
- Consistent track record of planning & executing projects involving multiple teams and complex requirements
- Track record of making decisions for technical tradeoffs
- Is able to identify key gaps in product offerings and functionality that improves cost, efficiency, revenue and customer experience
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Experience in Architecting and building system on one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc) or with on-premise installations like Xen, KVM or similar
How to apply
Send over a CV and cover letter in English.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.