(Senior) Legal Counsel
Columbus, United States
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
What you will do
As a dedicated lawyer for the commercial teams in the US, you will handle all legal matters arising in the teams' day-to-day work. Your main task is to be the best problem solver in the world and drive legal innovation forward! The role is based in Columbus and you will be expected to merge stakeholders expectations and legal requirements into a simple and innovative product, process or contract. Teamwork and a business mindset will be part of your daily routine. In essence, your job will be to:
- Support the US commercial teams in reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Advise the US commercial teams on general day-to-day legal matters.
- Provide contract training and other relevant legal training to the US Commercial teams.
- Take part in maintaining the global standard of documentation, drafting and modifying existing standard commercial contract templates together with the global commercial legal team.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment.
- You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- Previous professional experience as a lawyer, preferably from a well renowned law firm, the financial sector, telecom or the IT industry.
- A natural business and problem-solving mindset.
- Solid interest in the disruptive payment industry and a willingness to learn rather than focus in a specific area of law.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
You might also have
- Excellent people skills and you are a true star when it comes to stakeholder management
- Passion for problem solving and driving change by using innovative solutions
- The capability of prioritizing conflicting demands and handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
As an employee at one of the fastest growing companies in online payments and e-commerce world wide, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level. If this sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, we look forward to hearing from you.