Columbus, United States
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Accounting and Finance at Klarna consists of highly driven people with a combination of analytical skills and a great team spirit! In particular, the team strives for leading-edge financial reporting, using state-of-the art tech.
As part of an Accounting team you will:
- Assist in month end close process and year end audit
- Streamline reconciliations of GL and bank
- Be working cross functionally with Sweden and Customer Service in the US to solve merchant and consumer issues
- Identify and correct gaps in procedure
- Manage reporting for different data sets around payments and fees
- Managing AR for merchants and affiliates
Who you are:
- Bachelors Degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 0-2 years of relevant experience with a startup type mentality
- Organized self-starter and able to work independently
- Experience with SAP/Concur/Basware-AP is a plus
- CPA is a plus
- Established communication skills and customer service understanding
- Previous experience with third party collections nice to have but not required
- Strong attention to detail